About Aid Gate Organization "AGO"
Aid Gate Organization (AGO) is an independent, nonpartisan, national organization whose history goes back to 2014 with the beginning of ISIL’s occupation in Iraq. Since 2014, AGO has been working untiringly to help Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), refugees, asylum seekers, returnees, and vulnerable host communities for the implementation of whole-of-community resilience-building measures in Iraq.
AGO’s is starting a project to enhance the capacity, resilience, and talents of children and youth affected by conflict art-based initiatives and protection services. The project will focus on children/youth in detention and in the community. AGO is looking for two music coaches.
The music coach is responsible to facilitate inspiring music sessions to children youth in reformatory school and in the community. The music teacher is required to have the following key skills:
- Ability to motivate others
- Determination and perseverance
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Programme planning and implementation
- Others related to child protection (CP) issue
- Resource management
1. Programme planning and implementation
- Engage youth to think critically about music
- Provide opportunities to explore the various elements of music
- Teach students how to focus their thoughts in a musical format
- Teach students foundations of rhythm and meter and how they can affect playing
- Teach students problem solving as it relates to music
- Have students apply their knowledge in collaboration with others
- Model feelings and ideas about music creation and music experience
- Model how to brainstorm solutions to musical problems
- Identify the purpose of some songs and types of music
- Identify why people make music in their lives
- Establishing healthy environment to positively encourage the students to attend the training and participating in the activities.
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepare progress reports
- Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records
- Plan and present students’ shows students’ for the school and the community
- Communicate with parents and school counsellors on youth progress.
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs, such as after school art club
- Regularly arrange assessment and ask the feedback from the youth.
2. Others related to child protection (CP) issue
- Keep the eyes open and identify if there is any Child protection issue to rise.
- Identify the CP incidents if any and inform and immediately report it to Child Protection team leader.
3. Resource management
- Use programme resources effectively and with care.
- Facilitate to mobilize local resources and do maximum use of them.
- Be responsible for his/her own continuing training to develop his/her skills
- Ensure proper record keeping of all activities.
- Periodically collect data and regularly update individual monitoring files of the Programme's beneficiaries.
5. Personal and team management
- Communicate and collaborate in accordance with the communication contract.
- Communicate with the delegation, zones and beneficiaries and keep them informed.
- Participate in the management of the programme's activities, according to the strategies for reaching the objectives.
- Identify the problems associated with the delivery of the programme and inform HR, logistics, beneficiaries.
- Attend and take part in the meetings necessary for passing on information for the smooth running of activities.
- Help his/her line manager in setting up the activities schedule every week.
Accepts new responsibilities as and when those are assigned by the line manager.
The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, pacifist, proactive, committed and – during office hours – non-political.
S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions.
S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his/her voice when required.
S/he is willing to improve own capacities and is open for all topics AGO is working on to actively contribute to a comprehensive programme implementation.
S/he uses AGO equipment, vehicles and premises, internet and electricity economically and responsibly. S/he positively represents AGO to beneficiaries, stake holders and the general public.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
3. AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING SPECIFIC “PROFESSIONAL” COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Arabic language are required and English is an asset
- Able to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills are very important
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds
Interested applicants must send their most recent:
- Cover Letter
To [email protected] , Subject line must read: Music Coach - Mosul | x2
- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements may not be considered
- The CVs received after the closing date may not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Due to the nature of AGO work activities, AGO demand its employee to have the highest discretion and flexibility qualities. AGO can anytime according to the needs of his mission, and change the work location of his employee. AGO can at any time update tasks on this Job Description according to the evolution of the program or strategy changes. The above-listed tasks are not exhaustive, the employee can be asked to undertake other tasks by the employer according to the competencies, to work over settings time.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.