Description of Role:
As the Grant Proposal Writer, you are responsible for developing compelling proposals to assist the organization in securing funds to meet the identified critical needs of the most vulnerable people in areas where CNSF has a presence (currently: KRI, Ninewa, and Anbar). Due to our lean operations and rapid growth, you will get access to greater learnings, freedom, and responsibilities than most organizations could offer. Each person plays a significant role in the organization and is treated accordingly with a great amount of respect and appreciation.
- Research and identify grant funding opportunities;
- Collaborate with program team to develop project ideas and designs based on needs assessments;
- Assist with preparation of needs assessment reports;
- Write and submit concept notes and proposals in a timely manner, according to funding deadlines, involving key stakeholders and staff;
- Assist CNSF’s U.S. partner with fundraising efforts by writing concept notes and creating presentations about funding needs;
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders;
- Attend meetings with potential and current donors, as needed;
- Maintain proposal and funding records in database systems;
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs;
- Create and maintain a master list of all funding opportunities including proposal due dates, completed proposals and feedback from donors (if provided).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent;
- Prior experience in project design and grant writing;
- Understanding of theory of change model and how to develop a logical framework;
- Experience working within the humanitarian or development sector in Iraq, either with a national or international NGO, preferred;
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to tell stories and leverage data for strong proposals;
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Native or near-native fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals;
- Strong editing skills with an attention to detail;
- Strong people skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PPT);
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines with general direction and minimal guidance;
Applicants must send a CV and the cover letter in English, to Iraq.email@example.com.
CV only applications will not be considered.
The position opens till filled.
Please state Nonprofit Grants Proposal Writer the subject line of the email.