Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the overall supervision of Senior Emergency Coordinator/Head of programmes, the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer for Iraq, the incumbent shall perform the following duties and responsibilities
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Performs both routine and sensitive clinical tasks required by the Migration Health Physicians during Migration Health Assessments, in particular: Positively identify refugee migrants prior to their Laboratory and Radiology examinations, ensure antifraud measures are fully implemented at these stages of Migration Health Assessment, decode serology results (if requested by the supervisors), take and record medical history, perform anthropometrics, visual acuity and vital signs measurements. Also Liaises with the data processing team to make appointments for Drs' examination;
- Prepares, install or sterilizes medical equipment needed for medical examination;
- Requests and re-stocks required medical supplies and drugs and medicines;
- Monitors and reports expiration dates of drugs/vaccines and medicines and refers to Project Manager for disposal;
- Maintains and safe-keeps medical kits used by medical escorts and staff on duty mission;
- Perform medical escort duties within/outside Iraq when required
- Performs pre-departure medical checks and administers treatment for traveling refugees/migrants;
- Coordinates the work of the Junior Nurses and assists the IOM doctors in organizing work assignments and health assessment workflows;
- Coordinates with the TB assistant about work at the TB clinic-or the national TB program;
- Ensures timely return of all completed medical forms to the respective embassies, High commissions and Data Processing unit within IOM MHD in Amman;
- Maintains confidentiality of information and collaborative relationship with clients, partners and health professionals;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by from time to time.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in Nursing, or any other related fields an advantage at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with minimum 4 (four) years of relevant professional experiences as above.
Experiences & Skills
- Flexibility, tolerance and capacity to work in team
- Computer literacy and ability to perform analysts on clinical or public health data
- Good knowledge and experience in the culture and tradition of Iraq.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High sense of responsibility, dedication and honesty are desirable attributes.
- Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
- Fluency in English and Arabic, spoken and written. Knowledge of other language(s) is an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.