Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. To support its Medical activity in Laylan Camp COVID-19 response, MSF-H is currently looking for a Nurse
Providing nursing care, treatment, and follow-up of positive tested COVID19 patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service, and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
• Knowing, promoting, implementing, and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds, and other medical procedures. Participating in the health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
• Ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
• Carrying out admission, surveillance, and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
• Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
• Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock take of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing ar-ea/wards without prior authorization, etc.)
• Supervising and training other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
Context and scope of works:
MSF OCA Kirkuk Project provides care for mild, moderate, and severe positive tested COVID 19 patients in COVID19 hospital in Laylan IDP camps.
• Ensure IPC, PPE, and waste management guidelines are upheld at all times.
• Provide patient therapeutic education to all patients.
• Along with the routine nursing works (admission paperwork, vital signs, RBS, patient therapeutic education, venepuncture).
• Flexibility to cover staffing needs and programmatic changes.
• Any other activities requested by the supervisor or line manager.
• Provide nursing care according to medical order and MSF guidelines.
• Ensure proper management and medical care for palliative patients.
• Accompany critical patients transfer if needed.
• Participate in meetings and training provided by MSF.
Nurse Degree/Diploma recognized by National Authorities
- Previous MSF experience is desirable.
Outside MSF: 2 years or more of clinical nursing required
Fluent Arabic – written and spoken, English desirable
• Planning capabilities
• Organisational skills
• Multi-tasks management
• Problem-solving skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation, and any relevant certificates in PDF or Word format only) to:
Or put it in the application box with the subject
"Nurse - COVID intervention"
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION:
Tuesday, July 7, at 4:30 PM