The Nutrition Officer will assist in implementing a Nutrition and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) training curriculum for women. The Nutrition Officer will be expected to perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
Responsibility for assigned tasks within the Nutrition component of the project. Facilitate community Focus Group Discussions to identify the nutrition and IYCF needs in target population. Assist in trainings on Nutrition, dietary diversity, and IYCF best practices with technical support from Samaritan's Purse’s Nutrition staff.
Serve as a resource for beneficiaries and volunteers on nutrition best practices at all programming contact points (e.g. feeding demonstrations, trainings, support groups) and in the community. Assist in the development and scheduling of outreach activities (e.g. mother to mother support groups, screening, cooking and feeding demonstration, micronutrient distribution).
Help to train women from the target community who could serve as volunteers in leading mother to mother support groups. Follow weekly and monthly work plans. Provide inputs for monthly activity reports.
Liaise with other departments such as Finance, Logistics, HR, and Security as appropriate and necessary.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
Strong primary health care/community health care experience highly preferred. Demonstrable commitment to promoting and supporting optimal breastfeeding and complementary feeding and prevention of malnutrition. Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
English and Kurdish are required; Arabic preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Nutrition Officer - Snuny
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language