Chemonics is an international development consulting firm that promotes meaningful change to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. Chemonics’ mission is driven by our commitment to service – to our mission, our beneficiaries, and clients, and our staff. Working under contract with USAID and other aid donors, Chemonics designs and implements development projects in many of the world’s developing countries.
The Iraq Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities (DCEO) is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. DCEO aims to support vulnerable communities to build community resilience against destabilizing factors by increasing their adaptive capacity and economic well-being. The project consists of two objectives. Objective 1, Adaptative capacity of vulnerable communities increased is achieved through two components. Component 1.1 seeks to mitigate drivers of conflict in targeted communities and Component 1.2 seeks to enhance community leadership of inclusive local development. Objective 2, Economic well-being of communities advanced, will rest on the assessments, analysis, foundations, and groundwork of Objective 1.
OBJECTIVE: The DCEO project seeks an office assistant to provide effective support to the project team. Responsibilities include overall office management, booking hotel accommodations, and overseeing maintenance for the project office.
The office assistant will adhere to and act in accordance with Chemonics’ professional code of ethics, ‘Living Our Values’, and will make the principles of the code a part of DCEO’s culture and operating procedures. He/she will also foster and maintain good and professional relations with prospective and actual sub-grantees and vendors.
- Maintain general administrative records/documents – paper and electronic – according to USAID systems and procedures.
- Oversee office management, including office security and safety, cleanliness and orderliness, furniture, and equipment maintenance, etc.
- Ensuring that consumables are available and office equipment is well functioning
- Assist in procurement process of office and expat residential apartment supplies.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, including documents and goods delivered by courier service; keep complete records of same, including reference / tracking numbers.
- Resolution of routine administrative and process problems, referring complex issues to
supervisor with recommendations for course of action
- Supervise repair/maintenance works in the in the office and expat residential apartments.
- Ensure compliance of operations with USAID/DCEO rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Assist with administration and documentation for all procurement files.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the finance team to ensure that suppliers are paid in time, such as the Hotels, fleet company and travel agency.
- Ensure proper documentation is obtained and filed for all logistics processes.
- Following all the Operations trackers such as contract leases, expat residential apartments maintenance, electricity balance.
- Support the Ops by processes the Asayesh approval for expat residential apartments.
- Preparing all the documents and support letters required for our expat staffs related to KRG-residency.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field is required.
- Minimum of two (2) year experiences working in the areas of administration, operations, support.
- Experience in personnel contract administration or finance or travel management is an asset.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping with various tasks as required.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with USAID policies and procedures related to administrative, and financial rules is highly desired.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Experience working with international companies and organizations preferred.
- Good in English and Fluency in Kurdish required. Additional proficiency in Arabic is preferred but not required.
To apply, please visit:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.