Job Title: Office Manager- Baghdad
Reports To: Director of Administration
Prepared by: Kany Mamood
Join Heartland Alliance International’s Iraq Team to provide the essential program support necessary to implement HAI’s innovative programs serving marginalized and vulnerable communities.
Summary: The Office manager provides proficient administrative support to employees. Responsible for coordinating administrative and general HR support, including administrating employee changes, assisting in orientation process and other critical service functions for managers and employees. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resource and personnel:
- Acts as primary point of contact for employees and managers related questions and informational needs in Baghdad office; provides positive and proactive front-line employee customer service; and triages appropriately when necessary.
- Assists Baghdad office in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures and provides necessary service to employees, contractors and vendors.
. Co-facilitates new hire orientation sessions if required.
- Coordinates employee administration: processes employee’s data changes, enters employee data in HR systems, ensures employee/administrative changes have been properly completed in various systems
- Compiles and maintains HR records for the files in Baghdad office, including background checks, reference checks, new hire paperwork and related documentation for new employee orientation.
- Translate any required documents from Arabic to English if necessary.
- Managing logistics and drivers at Baghdad office if applicable.
- Have a direct contact with Security Officer to enforce the security measures in Baghdad office.
- Updating contact list for Baghdad staff on regular basis.
- Assists in maintaining data integrity through audit trails and other checks
- Examines employee files to answer routine inquiries and provide information to Managers and other authorized persons (in accord with applicable department guidelines) to meet service needs and facilitate employee administration.
- Have supervision skills, and ability to enforce all the organizations rules and regulations.
- Performs daily administrative routine duties as assigned by the Director of Administration.
- Drafting and documenting official correspondence with employees, managers, and others if required.
- Maintains records of staff attendance, leave balances and it’s record, and timesheets in accordance with HAI Iraq National Employee Handbook.
- Key focal point with local authorities to facilitate HAI mission and permit access and residency to HAI staff and projects, such us representing the office with department of NGOs, and others if required.
- Maintain the lease contracts of Baghdad office, and manage the rental payment when necessary.
- Receive delegations and HAI senior staff if needed from the check points and airport.
- Provide proper assessments and quotation for venues, hotel and any logistic requirement in a transparence and integrity manner.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Administration.
Financial and accountant duties:
- Request monthly advance payment and manage the reconciliations of any administrations expenses , and drivers expenses in cooperation with the Accountant.
- Assist finance department to hold the cash at Baghdad office and manage the monthly distribution of staff salaries and distributing per dim to beneficiaries and HAI staff.
Events, Projects and Other Support
- Prepares materials and meeting space for projects-sponsored events as assigned in Baghdad.
- Assist all programs in booking venues, accommodations and transportations for staff and participants of HAI activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor Degree or the equivalent and three years of related administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other Skills and Qualifications: High degree of technical competency, attention to detail/accuracy and excellent organization skills required. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment essential.
- Language Skills: Excellent oral and written Arabic, and English skills is required.
- Computer Skills: good knowledge in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange; Windows operating systems; and other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is required to travel periodically to often insecure and limited-resource environments.