Operational Manager/ Head of Base
Mosul – Ninewa operations
Head of Mission / Country Programme Coordinator
General purpose of the position:
Operational Manager in Mosul will oversee the Operations, Administrative, HR and Logistics units in the Ninewa governorate, including Mosul, Tel Afar, Sinjar and Ba’aj district, ensuring operations quality, strategic planning, ensuring strategic growth, strong external and internal representation and advocacy. S/He must be able to motivate a diverse staff as well as effectively oversee operations.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Oversee the logistics, procurement, administration and HR operations in Ninewa governorate, aiming to improve the operations systems and processes.
- Manage accountability of Admin and Operations actions in the governorate
- To support the security analysis and to support the HoM in updating the CPPs in the governorate.
- To support project field staff in the optimal and efficient implementation of the projects.
- Represent INTERSOS in the area Coordination meetings.
- Support HoM/Country Program Coordinator in Donor relations and representation at field level.
- Support in the identification of new gaps, actively contributing in defining needs and priorities for the area of responsibility.
- Support in improving operations at governorate level
- Support the senior management on the promotion of accountability and commitment to INTERSOS charter and prevention on power of abuse.
- Support coordination of emergency interventions in the governorate
University Degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Humanitarian and International Cooperation or related field
-Relevant experience of 3 years, including at least 2 years of managerial experience on projects/programs in emergency and post-emergency humanitarian context
-Proven experience in team management
-Proven knowledge of planning and programme cycle management
-Proven knowledge of cluster system and coordination for a
- Experience in logistic procedures and procurement processes.
- Experience in administrative and financial procedures
-Perfect knowledge of all the phases of the PCM.
-Excellent communication skills
-Excellent reporting skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel across the assigned project areas at short notice and spend extended periods with communities.
-Proficient in English
-Fluent in Arabic desirable
- Kurdish is an asset
-Excellent diplomacy skills
-Ability to lead, delegate and work in team
-Flexibility (will have to take on responsibilities that might not be directly on his/her JD)
-Adaptability to changing work environment and possible volatile security situation
-Stress management skills: ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads
-Good communication skills, both written and oral
-Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
-Good computing skills
-Prior knowledge of Iraqi context desirable
- Applicants may submit their CVs to (email@example.com)
- Please mention the vacancy title: (Operational Manager - Mosul) in subject box of your email.
- Email without vacancy title will not be considered.
- Email after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- INTERSOS will review application on rolling bases, so the vacancy maybe will filled before deadline.