Under overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and Head of Erbil Office , overall supervision of Operations Officer, the direct supervision of Senior Operations Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Process requests for purchasing tickets for IOM staff and visitors, ensuring that the travel arrangements follow the IOM rules of most direct route and most competitive prices; in this context, provide solutions to a wide spectrum of issues related to travel.
- Generate travel on duty arrangements for all IOM staff located in the countries covered by the REGION regional office where no operations structure is available.
- Generate the travel arrangements for high-level government officials, dignitaries and delegations attending meetings and conferences by coordinating flights and issuing tickets.
- Verify ticket invoicing and create a Ticket Order Record (TOR) in iGATOR for all issued tickets for payment in PRISM Financials.
- Coordinate salary deduction advice to the Payroll Unit when needed.
- Verify and settle invoices for the tickets that would be paid locally, making sure that the TOR is created in iGATOR.
- Monitor unused tickets and request appropriate refunds.
- Maintain the filing system for the staff travel records, including the requests, approval, confirmation, ticket and TOR.
- Provide guidance and advice on IOM’s travel provisions by interpreting the rules and regulations, and answering queries from all levels of the organization as requested by National Operations.
- Process travel authorizations and claims of IOM staff in line with travel entitlements, ensuring that the travel arrangements follow internal and external regulations and alerting management in cases of non-conformity.
- Assist with technical guidance on issues related to IOM staff travel, providing inputs and analysis to support decision-making.
- Undertake other such duties as may be assigned.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution with experience in capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities with at least with 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with minimum 3 years of relevant professional experiences.
- Possesses managerial skills (planning, organization and reporting);
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to handle confidential matters;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Strong computer background including experience with relational database and Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook;
- Coordinates actions with relevant IOM mission actors and uses coordination structures;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and initiative to achieve results.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic are required.
- Any other language is and advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid,