The Community Outreach Officer serves as the principal representative of the organization and works with the program coordinator to reach the achievement of the team goals and objectives, and developing long-range strategic plans to respond to the challenges of Community. This is a full-time position.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include outreach and promotion. This person must be technologically cognizant of both new and social media, be familiar with video production and digital editing equipment, and encourage the growth of diverse and quality programming.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a close working relationship with representatives of the community organizations, government agencies and schools in Lincoln County.
- Oversee an effective outreach effort, with an emphasis on reaching out to local underserved populations
- Prepare periodic reports regarding progress toward and barriers to the achievement of such policies and plans
- Listen and communicate effectively in welcoming a diversity of opinions, needs, and cultures
- Work with program coordinator to constantly improve and enhance the services offered.
- Strong communications skills, including effective public speaking, writing and social media
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coordinate active outreach programs
- Knowledge of the workings of non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of the workings of small local municipalities
Minimum Employment Standards and Requirements:
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Two years of experience with community outreach.
- Submit a resume (Word or PDF) and 3 professional references (with e-mail address, phone number and address), to (email@example.com).
- The email subject line should include the following: (Outreach and PR Officer/ Baghdad).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All candidates must be available to start ASAP.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.