Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for individuals’ consultants or independent firms to provide an analysis on the Technical and Financial assistance needed by WROs and groups to ensure their sustainability and development of services to address the most vulnerable women’s and girls’ essential needs in targeted locations of Diyala, Kirkuk and or Anbar.
What we are looking for:
- To adapt and improve an existing self-assessment tool for the Women Right’s Organizations to fill out
- Conduct a needs assessment meeting for Women’s Right’s Organization Implementing the Project, in addition to meeting other relevant stakeholders
- Develop capacity building plans and training curricula based on assessed needs for the Women Rights Organizations
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Women and girls rebuilding Iraq project, to act as key contributor to the policy-shaping, decision-making mechanisms and peacebuilding processes at all levels to ensure women and girls play a significant role in shaping the new rehabilitation and development agenda, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Preference will be given to consultants with a good understanding of Federal Iraq, context, on Gender and Partnership issues
- Having relevant skills, expertise and experience gained from working with communities and organizations on various assessment/research assignments will be an advantage (Evidence of products from initial assignments of a similar manner will be required)
- Due consideration will also be given to consultants having the academic qualification of
- Master’s degree with a background in Social Sciences and relevant professional experience.
- The consultant should have a high standard of professionalism, ability to work independently with a variety of stakeholders and should be proficient in both English and Arabic
- Heat training will be required for the successful consultant.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- High degree of computer literacy; Excel and Word skills are essential.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines and to work independently on multi-task load.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Interested and qualified candidates/consultants should submit their proposal detailing mentioned below requirements to:
- Profile of the consultant, and/or organisation,
- Proposed approach and management arrangements for the assignment,
- Proposed comprehensive work plan,
- Proof of completion of similar assignments in the past five years,
- Clear, itemized budget (including any assumptions/choices). Any proposals that do not include an itemised budget will not be considered.
For more details about this consultancy, please visit the job advert using below link:
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s rights activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.