You will effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle to assist the acquisition of goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your abilities will allow you to successfully support the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities applying the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- Supports requestors to prepare complete and comprehensive Purchase Requisition Forms.
- Assists with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
- Assists the Procurement Officer in the continuous search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services.
- Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
- Purchases items following CRS procurement documents (i.e. Purchase Order), instructions, and standards.
Ensuring all the supporting documentation within the payment request package is accurate and on file to assist the timely payment to vendors; and, follows up with requestors, suppliers, and other relevant parties to address any deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred .
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in supporting procurement/purchasing, logistics, and/or administration processes and activities.
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of local market conditions.
- Knowledge in MS Office package (Excel and Word).
- Strong attention to details with good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized organizational codes of ethics
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language : English , Arabic & Kurdish
Travel Required : 50%
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Procurement manager, procurement officer and all relevant CRS staff making requisitions from: Programming, Finance, Logistics, Administration and IT.
External: Suppliers, revenue authorities, customs officials, freight forwarders, transporters, and peer agencies.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates can apply via the below link: