Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager. As a Procurement Officer, you are responsible for all the procurement operation including tenders opening and everything related in addition to provide the assistance and support to the Project Manager, Finance officer and Admin Officer regarding to the Cash for Work (CFW) Masks Production Project that will be implemented in (HAA camp, Salamiyah and Jadaa5) and everything related to the logistic works.
The Procurement Officer will provide support to teams to ensure that the processes and procedures are in full compliance with MH policies and donor rules and regulations.
This position may include other tasks and directives as needed.
Abide by Mercy Hands bylaws and code of conduct, under full authority of PM. The Procurement officer's responsibilities and duties are as follow:-
- Manage and register all incoming requisitions at MH and update report on procurement for inclusion and circulation in the report
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment.
- Assist in preparation of documentation for bids committee meetings.
- Maintain proper files of requisitions, quotations and purchase orders.
- Report all procurement status in Daily/ Weekly basis to the Project Manager and the finance officer.
- Processing all work requirements.
- Providing the Project location and workshops with refreshments and required things.
- Coordinate all work related logistics.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Diploma in Management or related field of study.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience from working as a Logistics / procurement in a humanitarian/recovery context or similar work.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Arabic Languages written and spoken
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics is essential.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- High computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
Please send your CV/Resume to the following emails:
- The subject of the email should be Procurement officer
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed
- CVs must be in English language