The purpose of the Procurement Technical Officer is to provide efficient, and timely procurement of goods, works and services for the NRC IRAQ Programme in compliance with NRC's internal SOP’s, regulations, and donor requirements. The position sitting within the Country Office Procurement team is to support the whole of Iraq operations, providing support to four Area Offices and Country Office in Erbil.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, SOP’s, and donor requirements
- Implement delegated Procurement functions portfolio according to Plan of Action
- Conduct and follow up daily operational Procurement activities
- Support the administration of resources so that deliverables are achieved within set budgets, timelines, and standards
- Prepare and develop Procurement reports as required by Country/Regional Office
- Support in development of SOPs as requested
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents in line with NRC SSD policy
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the Procurement function
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees In line with the advocacy strategy
- Actively promote PSEA (Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Day to day follow up and tracking of progress in CO Procurements
- Ensure capacity building of Procurement staff country wide and transfer of key
- Ensure electronic records are maintained in a systematic manner in line with NRC’s standard procurement procedures, providing a clear auditable trail
- Source appropriate suppliers in the local and/or international market for the procurement of goods and/or services based on specifications provided by the requesters.
- Conduct regular market surveys and supplier pre-qualification for commonly procured goods and services, maintaining an up-to-date supplier database with key supplier information
- Establish and maintain good and professional working relationships with suppliers, service providers and contractors whilst strictly adhering to NRC’s anti-corruption guidelines, Conflict of Interest Policy, and NRC’s code of conduct
- Contribute and provide information to assist in the development of procurement related systems, procedures, and templates for all of NRC Iraq operations, Country Office and Area Office
- Advise and support NRC Iraq staff in all procurement processes, in coordination with the Procurement Coordinator (which includes providing training to key programme staff in the procurement policies and procedures).
- Manage the procurement processes for goods and services based on the value and threshold
- Identify and lead on the development of national and local framework agreements for commonly procured goods and
- Management of contracts and framework agreements through conducting supplier performance evaluation and monitoring and recording of expenditures against framework agreements
- With the support of the Procurement Coordinator, guide NRC Iraq Programme and Support staff in planning their project procurement needs and developing Project Procurement Plans to be regularly reviewed together
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Logistics/Procurement Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both oral and written
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish, both written and verbal an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in a similar position with relevant tasks and responsibilities
- Familiarity with the local Iraq market
- Ability to independently analyse data
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines
- Service orientated