The Program Engineer’s responsibility is to assist the Senior Engineer in administrative duties and quality control of the repair work for the beneficiary household. They will assist the Senior Engineer by making Bill of Quantities (BOQs), recording the assessment walkthrough information, as well as helping to perform the assessment tasks as required by the Senior Engineer.
This may also include performing any other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit, always maintaining Christian witness to the communities.
- Assist the other Engineers in conducting assessments and making BOQs calculating how much each house repair will be, based on systematic standards.
- Work with team to compile appropriate documentation for assessments before and after work is completed on each home, including photographs, BOQs, assessments, etc.
- Maintain files on all households with whom SP is working, and expected timelines for completion of each household project.
- Support Senior Engineer in the management and oversight of contractors as needed.
- Assist the other Engineers in follow up work on each site making sure the head of household is on track.
- Maintain health and safety on construction sites as a top priority.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Engineer.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have practical, local, field experience in construction.
- Flexible and adaptable according to the needs of the project.
- Culturally sensitive and aware of differences.
- Respect church leaders from all denominations.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Be able to lift about 50kgs and know how to load a truck safely.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
Education / Experience Needed
Must have practical on-site construction experience (2 years preferred)
- Arabic and English is required
- Kurdish is preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Program Engineer - Sinjar
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language