The Program Manager will lead on WfWI programming for conflict-affected women in Iraq. This position will lead on the design and implementation of Violence Against Women (VAW) prevention and social norm change programs. WfWI’s program portfolio in this area includes but is not limited to: Stronger Women and Stronger Nations program, violence against women/GBV prevention, Advocacy, and engaging men as allies in gender equality. Cross-cutting issues include displacement, disability inclusion and technology innovations. She will also be the communications, media and external outreach focal point for the Country office. As a member of Country Office Senior Management team, the Program Manager will share the overall management responsibilities and contribute to shaping the Iraq CO’s strategic direction and coordination, both internally and with external actors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategy, business development and fundraising:
- Actively participate in the Country Office strategy revision processes.
- Actively participate in developing Country Office business development and fundraising plans.
- Lead on the design of concept notes and proposals.
- Attend donor meetings and cultivate relationships with potential donors.
- Identify, develop strategic partnerships with L/INGOs, government departments, UN agencies, private sector, private businesses, NGO Networks to enable opportunities for WfWI program participants and graduates.
- Identify, develop, and expand relationships with key partners relevant to WFWI’s work in Iraq.
- Provide technical support to partners as appropriate.
- Prepare operational plans and coordinate with Finance team to prepare program annual budgets for the program work Iraq office and keep team members informed of all changes in program strategy, policy, guidelines and expectations.
- Program Management:
- Lead on the design and implementation of Men Engagement (MEP) program and VAW prevention activities.
- Lead on planning, design and delivery of WFWI’s programs in Ninawa governorate.
- Ensure quality control, impact and that the program is carried out in accordance with the mission and goals of WfWI and the terms and conditions of relevant grants.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other collaborating agencies, partner organizations and community leaders to develop partnerships, networking for advocacy and referral relationships during implementation.
- Lead on planning and conducting related community assessment processes of the new operational locations of the CO/sub offices as per program guidelines.
- Ensure regular program activities are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Develop new and innovative strategies, tools, guidelines and materials, as needed, to implement and monitor VAW programming.
- Work in collaboration with the GSC technical team to ensure that women empowerment program components in Iraq are aligned with WfWI’s global strategic and programmatic plans.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly reports and any other program reports and data required for external reporting including with local authorities.
- Ensure the procurement plans are prepared in coordination with Finance and Logistics Department so that program supplies and services are available for program delivery in a timely manner.
- Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Collaborate with the M&E Coordinator to ensure the timely collection of monitoring and evaluation data as per program guidelines.
- Lead on preparing donor reports in line with donor grant agreement details.
- Collaborate with the M&E department in assessing program and referral impact.
- Participate in regular technical and business development calls with GSC technical teams.
- Relationship Building and External Representation:
- Provide analysis of issues affecting marginalized women in Iraq .
- Define key advocacy opportunities and targets at national and local levels.
- Coordinate with local, national, and international organizations and institutions to develop and implement cross-organizational advocacy on issues around VAW.
- Ensure strong linkages between WfWI advocacy and programs, and that advocacy is evidence based.
- Ensure Country office will produce high quality external materials, case studies, video and photos relevant for fundraising.
- Country Office focal point with Marketing, Development and Communications (MD&C) team.
- Human Resources and operational responsibilities:
- Participate in the recruitment of direct reports
- Line manage direct reports in accordance with Women for Women International’s performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, conducting annual performance development plans, annual performance appraisal and regular check-up meetings regarding progress throughout the year.
- Review and approve employee timesheets in accordance with grant agreements.
- Coordinate staff development needs and staff issues with the HR/Admin Manager.
- Budget Management:
- Responsible for the efficient planning and use of program budgets for projects under her supervision.
- Coordinate with Finance team review monthly spending plan and budget vs. actual reports to track actual expenditures against projected budget and address changes needed, also responsible to ensure timely and cost-efficient spending according to available UR or grant budgets and continuously updated projections.
- Provide required documentation to Finance department as needed.
- Participate in new proposal budget development and annual operational budget planning.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (Social Work, Policy development, Gender Studies, international relations, etc.); substantial relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of Master’s degree, but a bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
- Minimum 5 (five) years relevant work experience, of which at least 3 years at managerial level, preferably within an NGO environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of and experience in gender issues, women’s rights commitment to addressing inequalities in all key areas of responsibility.
- Program Management experience with strong planning, facilitation and report writing skills.
- Team player with good people management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in networking and building partnerships with local and international networks, working groups and clusters.
- Ability and willingness to travel in KRI, Federal Iraq and internationally as required. Must be willing to travel to sub-offices in Iraq for overnight stay as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Language fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish a is required (reading, writing, and speaking)
- This position is for local nationals only.
This position will be working directly with female participants/beneficiaries, so female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates must submit an updated CV to: email@example.com with mentioning "Program Manager" in the Subject line.
Only motivated applications that meet the required qualifications will be contacted.
Application deadline is: July 2, 2022
* CV's shared via links or sent with the wrong subject lines will not be considered.