IOM is a major actor in post-conflict recovery and reconstruction, and as such is heavily involved in livelihood development and job creation programmes. IOM’s strengths lie in its field presence around the country and operational capacity to rebuild community infrastructure, conduct vocational and other trainings, providing grant funding at local level to support business development and a variety of other areas key to recovery.
Under the general guidance of the Head of Office, overall supervision of the Head, Returns and Recovery Unit, and the direct supervision of the National Operations Officer (functionally) and the head of sub-office (administratively), the incumbent will be responsible for assisting programmes related to return and recovery under the area of responsibility as below.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Administrative duties and responsibilities
- Collect signature of the documentations, follow requests with relevant teams and act as focal point for all financial and administrative documents of the operations of the Central region.
- Responsible for sorting and keeping final documents, original invoices, payment requests, red rose cards and other files in an organized system in a safe and secure location.
- Support the preparations and organization of events, meetings and workshops.
- Takes minutes and/or notes, as required; prepare informal translations and perform interpretations upon request.
- Assist in the development of template forms/letters as required from the team in close coordination with the Senior Operations Assistants.
- Provide administrative support to Central region RRU team.
- Assist in travel arrangements for Central region RRU staff, prepare and submit the required MSCRs when requested.
- Follow up on eHRAFs submission, clearance and follow HR contracting and documentation in coordination with RRU administrative personnel and National Operations Officer.
- Process and archive documents related to staff attendance records and leave requests on IOM shared drive.
FINANCE duties and responsibilities
- Process payments for Return and Recovery activities under central region and act as payments focal point in close coordination with the Senior Operations Assistants.
- Coordinate WBS requests and open PR’s upon requests using standard PR’s in coordination with the Senior Operations Assistant.
- Maintain up-to-date tracking of all payments and settlements of Central Region.
- Ensure the timely payment of all invoices, including that for vendors and beneficiaries as per contracts and settle payments due within allocated time by finance.
- Ensure all documents are properly signed and distributed in coordination with the Senior Operations Assistant.
- Keep scan copy from every processed transaction, documents, PV’s, PR’s, invoices, SOC payment and other settlement documents in proper folders in the archive.
- Monitor financial transactions and track payment requests between CBI, Finance and SOC or other paying entities till deliver in field.
- Coordinate with the National Operation Officer on the planning and forecasting of coming activities.
- Coordinate with logistic, finance, HR, SOC, transport, and CBI to track, follow and expedite Central Region teams’ requests.
- Flag any issues, problems immediately to Senior Operations Assistants/National Operation Officer.
Reporting and Documentation Function
- Ensure all original expenditure evidence is stored according to internal policy and project plan.
- Manage central region share drive storage of all finance related documentation
- Maintain updated documentation, filing, folders and administrative data management in both hard copy and soft copy version
- Prepare bi-weekly financial report about the due-payment, processed, pending and require payments/settlements.
- Ensure compliance and implement financial policies, procedures and directives of the organization.
- Update/upgrade organizational policy on financial procedures, internal control mechanism, etc.
- Cross verify (compliance and relevancy) all financial transactions done by project staffs.
- Perform field visit to sites/sub-offices when required to follow administration or financial activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- University degree in social sciences from an accredited academic institution.
Experience and Skills
- Three years’ experience in social projects/community stabilization though a gender point and experience with international organization is an advantage
- Knowledge in financial matters is an advantage.
- Knowledge on data entry is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic are required;
- Any other language is an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.