About Aid Gate Organization "AGO"
Aid Gate Organization (AGO) is an independent, nonpartisan, national organization in Iraq whose history goes back to 2014 with the beginning of ISIL’s occupation in Iraq. At that time and throughout the mass conflicts occurring from 2014 onwards, ISIL groups took control of large swathes of the country, including Nineveh, Salah al-Din, Anbar, and parts of Diyala. This period witnessed an unprecedented wave of displacement for people who lived in these areas in addition to extreme human rights violations. With the Iraqi government, unable to provide much-needed, widespread assistance, many international organizations entered the country to facilitate a response. In doing so, local community members were actively recruited to assist in the movement and return of displaced peoples, while providing them with emergency life-saving assistance to meet their basic needs. Since 2014, AGO has been working untiringly to help Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), returnees, and vulnerable host communities for the implementation of whole-of-community resilience-building measures in Iraq. Today AGO is functional in Salah al-Din, Kirkuk, and the Nineveh governorates, with 50–150 employees, depending on the situation in the region. We are currently working on expanding our operations into the Anbar governorate as well as southern Iraq through proven programs to rebuild the lives of men, women, children, and refugees IDPs, minorities, ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
The overall objective of the programmer/IT is to be in charge of data entry and the enumerators as well as data management according to the project need and the reporting requirement under the responsibility of the Project Manager. Works in coordination with the relevant department in the departments with which it will work to design the Kobo form, the programmer IT will be following the data collected day by day to ensure of the To ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information.
- Activity planning and implementation:
- Designing a database for the concerned department to convert the paper system into an electronic database system.
- Training employees and staff on the new electronic database system.
- Daily update of the uploaded databases and clean them.
- Classification of paper forms and reports after data entry to insure data preservation.
- Regular monitoring of the databases to insure their overall functionality and data accuracy.
- Creation/improvement of data management tools according to the needs identified by the relevant department or at the request of the Project Manager.
- Analyze the data when needed, create graphs and report on data analysis.
- Ensuring data confidentiality.
- Creation and maintenance of databases backup and recovery systems.
- Reporting and communication:
- Support the weekly reporting and any other reports as per the project manager's requirements.
- Support data analysis in relation to specific reporting requirements.
- Networking / Coordination:
- Coordinating with the employee in charge from the concerned department that will be working with
- Ensure day-to-day coordination of the activities of the data collection and data entry with the Project Manager.
- Experience in IT and Data management is highly desirable
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and good writing and speaking skills in English.
- Able to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Computer expert in MS Office Word and Excel.
AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING SPECIFIC “PROFESSIONAL” COMPETENCIES
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data management positions highly desirable in livelihoods sectors.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, public administration, or another related field.
- Good control and supervisory skills
- Good communication skills
- Administrative skills.
- Multi-tasks, anticipating challenges, and initiating plans of mitigations.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and excellent writing and speaking skills in English are required.
Interested applicants must send their most recent:
- Cover Letter
To [email protected] , Subject line must read: Programmer / IT | Mosul
- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements may not be considered
- The CVs received after the closing date may not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Due to the nature of AGO work activities, AGO demand its employee to have the highest discretion and flexibility qualities. AGO can anytime according to the needs of his mission, and change the work location of his employee. AGO can at any time update tasks on this Job Description according to the evolution of the program or strategy changes. The above-listed tasks are not exhaustive, the employee can be asked to undertake other tasks by the employer according to the competencies, to work over settings time.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.