The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the progress of Rwanga projects, coordination with line managers, and maintaining productive relations with partners, Donors, humanitarian actors, and stakeholders. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining proper commination with Donors and partners and keeping track of all events and meeting schedules.
Furthermore, the Program Coordinator is to be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and will be able to work independently.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Specific duties will include the following:
- Assist the Director of Program in the daily tasks, meetings, and project progress follow-up.
- Follow-up Donor’s website and fund release statement for any potential call for proposal.
- Assist in the development of joint annual work plans as well as budgets based on expected year-end outputs.
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the Rwanga Foundation.
- Establish and manage mechanisms for the exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the local and national levels.
- Liaise with the projects’ line managers to ensure effective and efficient program delivery.
- Ensure that all projects are implemented within the approved timeline and report to the Director of Programs when the implementation is not completed by the approved end date.
- Provide support to legal, admin, supply chain, and IT units whenever required by the Director of Operation.
- Liaise with the PR & Media department for the announcing and final event dates.
- Contribute to writing proposals including assessments and implementation arrangements.
- Manage a separate project when required by the Program management.
- Provide support to coaching strategically and tailoring individual development plans.
- Capable of identifying staff capacity needs and technical assistance that needs the organization and contributing to capacity strengthening and necessary interventions to advocate quality project implementation.
- Show commitment to support and provide inputs for the timely preparation of high-quality donor reports, quarterly key performance indicator tracking tables, baseline, and final evaluation reports, as well as other reports as needed/required by the local government, donors, the Kurdistan region, or headquarter office
- Review project documentation to ensure the project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Ensuring good communication and networking with relevant stakeholders including the local authorities and donors.
- Reach out to potential donors to get funds for Rwanga projects.
- Ensuring optimal use of human and financial resources,
- Ensure good quality, maintain strong performance, high professional and ethical standards,
- Report on program activities, operations, and financial reports as required,
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies,
- Assign and monitor clerical, administrative, and secretarial responsibilities and tasks among office staff,
- Co-ordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency through regular meetings,
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data,
- Provide support to other sector staff when required.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory,
- Handle partner’s inquiries and complaints,
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, extensive travel, and deadlines.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
In coordination with Operations Unit to perform the following tasks:
- Supporting Operations Unit in recruiting and selecting new candidates,
- Preparing prepare paperwork for hires and terminations,
- Conduct orientation of new staff members,
- Identify and organize training programs for staff,
- Motivate, mentor, and coach staff,
- Delegate and coordinate work tasks,
- Manage performance including evaluations and feedback,
- Resolve disputes and grievances,
- Keep staff attendance reports,
- Maintain employee personal files,
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures by staff members.
- In coordination with Finance Unit to perform the following tasks:
- Monitor and record office expenses,
- Review and finalize submitted invoices by partners and forward them for processing to the finance unit in the Erbil office.
- Prepare expense reports,
- Maintain office budget,
- Maintain bookkeeping system through monthly financial reports,
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable,
- Follow up on overdue accounts,
- Perform account reconciliations,
- Manage petty cash.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting, data and administrative practices and procedures,
- Perform as a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills,
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work,
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills,
- Travel Required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management or business administration field
- At least six years of working experience in/with UN, NGO, and INGO.
- Excellent organizational environment knowledge.
- Strong ability to work with diverse groups/individuals – ranging from local partners, local authorities, the humanitarian community, and the private sector.
Language Skills Required
- Fluency in English, Arabic, both spoken and written, and Kurdish is an asset.
- Application closing date:( 2nd July 2022)
- Applicants should submit their CVs with cover letter to (email@example.com)
- Please mention the vacancy title: [RF046- Programs Coordinator] in the subject box of your email.
- Email after the closing date will not be considered.
- Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Rwanga Foundation HR policies and procedures.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews