The World Service (WS) is LWF’s internationally recognized humanitarian and development arm. It has earned a distinguished record by linking timely, compassionate and professional emergency response with excellence in rehabilitation, reconstruction and effective long-term development efforts. Mandated by the communion of the LWF to carry out effective and empowering programing addressing human sufferings, injustice and emergencies, LWF World Service works with and for vulnerable and crisis-affected populations to achieve justice, peace and sustainable lives.
LWF Iraq has worked in Northern Iraq / Iraqi Kurdistan since 2014 and has been registered with the Kurdistan Regional Government since 2015. It has offices in Dohuk and Erbil. As an active member in WASH, Livelihood & Social Cohesion and SGBV/Protection Working Groups, LWF Iraq cooperates closely with relevant UN agencies, other INGOs, local NGOs and local authorities. All LWF Iraq ongoing programs in the field of WASH, Protection (PSS), Peace-building and Livelihoods contribute to the Iraq Humanitarian Response Plan and comply with the Core Humanitarian Standard. LWF currently implements activities in the areas of Dohuk and Nineveh Governorates. Through partners, LWF Iraq has reached Salah Al-Din, Bagdad and Anbar Governorates serving IDPs, returnees and host communities in and outside camp settlements.
Scope of Work:
The Livelihood project associate will be responsible for managing the activities for ILO -PROSPECTS program. He/she will coordinate, oversee and assist with implementation of the project activities to supervise and monitor the proper delivery of SIYB and financial education trainings by the selected trainers to the target clients based on a set of criteria.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring, supervision and support of the assigned ILO PROSPECTS project in line with the activity plan and time frame of the relevant project proposals and any applicable national and international guidelines and standards.
- Organize trainings for IDPs, returnees and host community in SIYB and financial education development and vocational training.
- Liaise and coordinate with local authorities, financial institutes, court base, partner, organizations, NGOs, government bodies and cluster at base
- Setting the schedule, identify trainees, leading and facilitating trainings sessions, identifying guest speakers and arranging transportation trips for participants.
- Assist with logistical arrangements for trainings. Inclusive of selecting the venue, arranging meals, managing travel reimbursements for participants and guests.
- Sensitize potential participants on the trainings and review applications for training programs and select trainees.
- Develop resource materials for trainees to use during the trainings and after the formal training. Resources should include mentors, case studies, websites, written guides and/or referrals to advance training programs.
- Coordinate activities with local NGOs and private sector businesses to ensure strong linkages between economic development programs.
- Develop and maintain good lines of communication and relationships with local authorities and the local community; ensure outreach to women in the community.
- Provide support to trainees after the formal program to help them with additional learning and monitor their progress.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to LWF and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned from the team leader.
- Document case studies and beneficiary stories from projects and disseminate for use by the wider organization.
- Implement and apply the communication plan in term of visibility and advocacy.
- In coordination with project team leader strongly participate in livelihood cluster working group and other related parties.
- Communicate activities to support other team projects as required, e.g., quality framework and weekly meeting updates.
Monitoring and Evaluation Requirements
- In coordination with the monitoring and evaluation officer and under supervision of project team leader, conduct means of verifications and support the technical officers in tracking activities, lessons and good practices.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in humanitarian assistance and training facilitating.
- Experience and knowledge in Iraq- Ninewa and preferable to be already living in Iraq
- Good Knowledge in IT.
- Good understanding of the local market.
- Good knowledge and experience of the value chain Development.
- Proven track record business development.
- Proven networking skills and excellent communications (oral & written English + language of country of assignment), presentation, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills for engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders. Strong organizational & positive work attitude and team player.
F values diversity in its staff and would therefore particularly welcome applications from groups underrepresented in its current team, including people living with disability.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application (CV)
by email to email@example.com
Please indicate “Project Associate ” in the e-mail title.
ENGLISH (CV) ONLY
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.