The Projects Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day operations, assisting the Foundation’s HUMAN RESOURCES, PROJECTS & FINANCE Departments, Reporting to the Director of Projects and acting as a bridge between the Finance and Projects Department. The primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing support to the Projects Team. Also, contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and safety practices.
Managing and leading a team of employees. Communicating the foundation's goals and deadlines. Motivating team members and assessing performance. Providing help to management, including hiring and training, and keeping management updated on team performance.
Primary Duties &Responsibilities
- Prepare, assist and coordinate with the department of in terms of daily workers services, vehicles, machines, etc. which are directly or indirectly implemented;
- Participate in preparing the details of the estimated projects budget;
- Participate in assessing the budget for the proposed projects and activities;
- Provide reference numbers to all the projects including those proposed, approved, delayed or rejected;
- Update the payment categories in the budget lines based on written approval;
- Archive all the files, documents and other papers related to the projects, activities and events;
- Prepare summary of invoices for the projects expenses in coordination with the department of projects;
- Audit and cross checking summary of invoices for the projects expenses in coordination with the department of projects;
- Coordinate activities, resources, equipment and information;
- Liaise with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives;
- Make certain that clients’ needs are met as the project evolves;
- Help prepare project proposals, timeframes, schedule and budget;
- Monitor and track project’s progress and handle any issues that arise;
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all participants;
- Use project management tools to monitor working hours, budget, plans and money spend;
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork;
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports;
- Keep and update ledger subsidiary for the expenses of the projects and activities;
- Ensure that each crew has the tools it needs to meet project milestones;
- Create project schedules that include materials estimates and manpower needs to be submitted to management;
- Assist in documenting project phases and creating summary reports;
- Work with field personnel to handle project issues as they arise;
- Build a strong team by cultivating relationships between each crew and illustrating how individual team members affect the success of the entire project.
- Any Adhoc duties as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 2+ years of experience in project management in a related field
- Previous experience in cooperating with Project Managers for the delivery of projects
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- BS/BA in a related field
- Valid and current PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is a plus.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace;
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups, major projects or initiatives;
- Delegate responsibilities effectively;
Reporting & Monitoring
- Safeguard all confidential files;
- Report any legal issues that may affect the institution image;
- Monitoring / Assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action;
- Prepare reports to Direct Supervisor on monthly basis.
- Full time job with required field trip
- Flexibility with regards to long working hours, especially in emergency situation.
How to Apply
- Application closing date:(August 24th, 2019);
- Applicants may submit their CVs with cover letter to (email@example.com);
- Please mention the vacancy title:[Project Coordinator - 4-03(2017) - Duhok]in the subject box of your email;
- Email after the closing date will not be considered;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.