Consultancy Title: Project Coordinator
Duration of contract: 3 Months (renewable)
Duty Station: Mosul / Iraq
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peace building in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: A non-violence and peace building program developing peace capacities within the community; a women and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services to the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating to distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihoods programs for displaced women in particular.
Brief description of the partner
World Vision International is a humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization, It was founded in 1950 by Robert Pierce as a service organization to meet the emergency needs. In 1975, development work was added to World Vision's objectives.
Background of the project
TAMASOK (cohesion) it's a program Implement by Al-Mesalla and his partner World Vision organization to build upon and scale up the potential of community actors (Clergy, community leaders, teachers, and activists) to be more active in conflict prevention in the west and east Mosul city, and Al Hamdaniyah.
The primary function of the Project Manager is to lead the whole project including the distribution of work tasks among project team, implementation follow-up, tracking results, and report writing. The candidate will be the person who approve all the document related to the project. She/He is the key person to contact the partner.
- PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
Under the supervision of the project manager:
- Coordinated the implementation with project staff to implement the project in an effective and productive manner.
- Attend project meetings with his team and help develop identify the needs to implement the project.
- Build strong relationships with Iraqi government institutions in order to enhance the implementation of the project.
- Coordinate with relevant stockholders and beneficiaries to the project in a collaborative and smooth manner.
- Support the actors (Clergy, community leaders, teachers, activists) to be Peacebuilders in their community and focusing on encouraging the participation of women and youth.
- Facilitate dialogue and seminars on different topics such as development policies; protect human and environmental rights, equal opportunities between men and women.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Volunteer work when needed is a part of TOR.
- Submit monthly plans of implementation for project activities to the project manager.
- participate in the selection of the NGOs for sub-grant implementation.
- Submit the challenges and success stories that the project faced to the project manager.
- Monitoring and ensure the quality of the training that will be delivered to the community actors.
- Collect data and work on writing quantitative and qualitative reports and submit them to the project manager in a timely manner.
- Provide high-quality activity and training reports to the project manager.
- Essential requirements
- University degree preferably in relevant subjects (Law, Political Science, Education, Economics, Development, International Relations, etc.).
- At least 3 years of professional experience in development/humanitarian
- Knowledge of standards and literature in human and environmental rights, policy-making, humanitarian and development principles, accountability, governance, advocacy, and campaigning;
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives - Previous experience working under pressure and/or in hardship duty station
- Team working skills and proactive attitude
- Excellent computer literacy skills Desirable requirements:
- Required Basic oral and written English
- Written and spoken Arabic and the Kurdish language is an asset.
- Previous experience in peacebuilding, social cohesion, conflict prevention.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Interested applicants must send their CV (PDF or Word) to:- firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject: Project Coordinator – Mosul
Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesala reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline