In direct support of the Director the Engineer will be responsible of preparing the necessary bill of quantities, overseeing the entirety of the construction of the Yezidi Empowerment Project, boreholes, managing the relationship with the contractor and local authorities, quality control, implementation of appropriate construction standards and practices in different field sites. In this role, the Engineer will conduct regular visits to the project site to oversee the progress of the work. The Engineer will be responsible for reporting data on activities and offering inputs for reporting requirements. Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a dedicated and service minded engineer to oversee the technical portion of this project.
- The main responsibility of the Engineer will be to ensure the timely and satisfactory completion of the construction(community center, houses and borehole), which entails:
- Consistent oversight and discussions with the contractor to ensure that the project stays on an appropriate timeline and that the work is completed to the highest standard
- Negotiate with the contractor should there be disagreements over the interpretation of the Bill of Quantity
- Planning the progress of work with the contractor and being able to project completion times
- Verify technical drawings and designs, consulting with other professionals to ensure the soundness of the rehabilitation plans
- Regularly report on program activities and data to the director including conducting baseline and end-line surveys
- Effectively coordinate with multiple departments: security, logistics, human resources, finance, warehouse and other programs to further relevant program activities
- Make sure that building standards and practices are used by the contractor
- Complete other activities and reports as directed by the director
- Assure quality and control for design and construction meaning it's necessary to be on the site often critical stages such as foundation, column preparation and concrete pours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have practical, local and field experience in construction
- Flexible and adaptable according to the needs of the project.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of integrity.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- Must have analytical and report writing skills.
- Technical experience managing a contractor for large infrastructure projects.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
- Degree in civil engineering plus at least seven years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing people required.
Arabic, Kurdish and English required (spoken and written)
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Project Engineer - YEP
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language