The overall objective of this project is to provide vocational training to members of vulnerable households in Nineveh -- agricultural training for vulnerable community members in the Kaka’e villages of South Hamdaniyah, and computer skills training (MS Office) for recent university graduates living in Mosul, from vulnerable households. The project manager will be based in Mosul and responsible for managing all aspects of this 3-month project in cooperation with a field supervisor, with oversight and support from the Erbil-based Program Manager.
- Coordinate with local authorities and University of Mosul for beneficiary selection and implementation of vocational training activities.
- In cooperation with CNSF field supervisor, conduct assessment with potential beneficiaries and select 400 training participants.
- Enter training participant data into CNSF beneficiary database (in Excel).
- Deliver training introduction and explain to beneficiaries about CNSF’s complaint response mechanism.
- Conduct training observation regularly to monitor the quality of the trainings and ensure participant satisfaction by collecting feedback from the beneficiaries and suggesting improvements to the trainers to ensure it is relevant to their needs and to maximize the benefit participants receive
- Resolve any issues related to participant attendance to ensure completion of full training and prevent drop outs.
- Assist with confirmation of successful training completion and dissemination of certificates.
- Provide weekly written reports in English to the Program Manager, based in Erbil.
- Assist with monthly reporting, including providing photos and written human interest stories.
- Assist with other M&E activities, as advised by the Program Manager.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with NGOs or relevant organization as a project manager, or project coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Previous experience with oversight/implementation of vocational trainings, esp. computer training.
- Having a ToT certificate would be an asset.
- M&E experience preferred, esp. related to training activities.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications, namely Word and Excel.
Proficiency in Arabic and English (English will be used to communicate with the Erbil-based Program Manager and will be used for reporting).
Applicants must send a CV and the cover letter in English, to Iraq.firstname.lastname@example.org.
CV only applications will not be considered.
The position opens till filled.
Please state project manager the subject line of the email.