Founded in 2003, Women Rehabilitation Organization (WRO) is a non-profit, non-government and independent national organization dedicated to working towards the protection and advancement of women’s and child rights and the engagement of men through service provision for all members of societies across Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). WRO supports the needs of Syrian refugee, Iraqi IDP, and Kurdish women, men, and children in prevention and response to sexual/gender based violence (SGBV) and increasing their access to quality economic, protection, food, health, education, shelter and legal services. Furthermore, WRO’s work aims to increase the social, political, economic participation of women in all aspects of society though capacity development projects that promote the economic and political participation of women.
WRO has over a fifteen year history of collaborative work at the national, regional and international level working with organizations such as the UNHCR, UNIDO, UNOPS, UNFPA, IRC, the Global Fund, WVI, Women for Women International, Global Medic, German Government, ASODH, UN Women, WFWI, Japan Government, DRC, NDI, LWF, IRI, German Government, Global Affairs Canada, US Embassy regional reconstruction and Provincial teams and the Iraqi Civil Society Program Organization. WRO has delivered over 45 projects focused on psychological MHPSS and physical health, formal and non-formal education, capacity building, protection, wash, legal, advocacy, livelihoods, political and economic participation, voter and democratic awareness, stabilization and reconstruction. WROs efforts have shed light locally and internationally through awareness raising and advocacy on many important issues such as mainstreaming gender-based violence GBV across all sectors, sexual violence in conflict SVC, and other issued related to marginalized groups rights in Iraq through initiatives that directly impact tens of thousands of families each year. In partnership with UN agencies, international organizations and governmental bodies, WRO has been able to meet the needs of Syrian refugee, IDP, host communities by providing them with lifesaving services and developmental support services. WRO supports women, men, and children in communities across Iraq to reclaim their lives and start anew with hope and dignity in camp, urban, and rural settings.
Position: Project Manager
Primary duties and responsibilities:
The project manager performs a wide range of duties including all of the following:
- developing programs/projects.
- Ensure proper professional relationships with community leaders, local NGOs and other Community Based Organizations
- Perform other duties that may be required by WRO Programs Manager and Senior
- Take minutes Plan the projects
- Define the scope of the projects in collaboration with senior management.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the time, equipment, etc required to complete the projects.
- Review the Project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the projects activities; revise the schedules as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the projects will be evaluated at their completion.
- Implement the projects
- Execute the projects according to the projects plans.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities.
- Set up files to ensure that all projects information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the projects.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders/ the donor including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the projects.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the projects teams on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the projects standards, targets, and objectives.
- Manage the transfer of Projects deliverables, files, equipment and materials as per the standards donors procedures
- Provide direction and leadership in advocating projects objectives and in ensuring that all interested parties are well informed about the projects' activities and goals.
- Identify any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the Projects
- Responsible of writing scheduled high quality narrative and indicator reports for the ongoing projects per donor.
- Control and evaluate the project
4.1 Write reports on the projects for management and for funders.
4.3 Ensure that projects related docs are up to date.
4.4 Ensure that the projects deliverables are on time, and at the required level of quality.
4.5 Evaluate the outcomes of the projects as established during the planning phases.
- Conduct a monthly internal and external M& E reports
4.7 Conduct personnel evaluation performances each 4 months
4.8 Ensure the quality of outputs and results with optimal monitoring mechanisms; establish effective coordination, monitoring, information sharing and reporting systems.
- Ensure proper professional relationships with relevant national and international partner agencies, relevant of meetings
- Responsible for representing WROs strategic objectives, mission, and values in a highly professional manner.
- Plan community – based activities and ensure WRO visibility, voice, mission, and values are reachable to communities, national and international organizations, donors, governmental entities. Responsible for project staff capacity building and development and plan and administer trainings as needed GBV, PSS, MHPSS, Case Management, livelihood and other related fields.
- Responsible of data analyzing of reports of all projects components and briefing programs manager regularly
- Take action to mitigate any risks facings projects implementations, activities, staff, and beneficiaries. Report on such risks immediately.
- Ensure all required projects close out documents are obtained, and all narrative reports are done in a timely manner
- Maintain flexibility to take any added responsibility as and when needed.
- Maintain flexibility to take any required work trips to WRO's projects, or offices at other cities and/or villages within Kurdistan Region, and outside in and of Iraq.
- Responsible for conducting assessments and gathering data to identify geographical and humanitarian response gaps and areas of focus for WROs programming
- Related degree or have at least 3 years related experience
- Female applicant/ international staff
- Demonstrated experience in project and administration
- Experience in project management
- Experience in SGBV/GBV and women’s and community empowerment related programming
- Proven experience liaising with government departments, UN agencies, and donor projects
- Fluent in English
- Advanced communication skills, including active listening skills and excellent written communication.
- Exceptional professionalism and interpersonal skills and an ability to work collegially with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to represent the organization and its objectives in highly professional and responsible manner.
- Ability to allocate and review priorities to meet deadlines.
. Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results focused reports
- Flexibility in approach and an ability to adapt to varying demands and work hours
- Ability to identify problems and resolutions.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Proficient skills and experience in working on MS Office
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit CV and cover letter including earliest available start date and salary expectations to: email@example.com Subject Line: Project Manager_ Your Name. Please note applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
In the email please mention your earliest date to start.
Please note that applications have no Management Experience will NOT be reviewed.
Thank you very much for your interest, as we are not able to reply to all applications, if your profile meets our needs we will keep in on file for future opportunities. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due time.