The Canadian Aid Organization for International Society Rehab (CAOFISR) was established in Toronto, Canada in the year 2012. CAOFISR is an International Non-Governmental Organization that is currently operational in Iraq for the past 6 years covering north, center and southern regions. CAOFISR has been active in many sectors including CCCM, livelihood, shelter, WASH and protection, and strives to find sustainable solutions to the humanitarian crisis within Iraq.
CAOFISR was established by a group of Iraqi -Canadians that wanted to assist with the humanitarian crisis following the various conflicts Iraq has endured over the last 4 decades. They utilized community, private and personal funds to begin funding small projects within Iraq and gradually grew through experience and the hiring of experienced staff in the humanitarian field. Since establishment, CAOFISR has been determined to empower the local communities, and ensure sustainable improvements within the areas of operation.
CAOFISR is a NGO that is committed to providing lifesaving aid and various opportunities for vulnerable populations across the globe. We work diligently to provide equal opportunities for all men and women, neglecting all forms of segregation and promote a more inclusive ideology in each area we work.
CAOFISR is non-governmental and remains politically and religiously neutral in any area that we work. We work with the people, and for the people without discrimination against any ethnicity or religion. Our focus is to combine international experience with the capacity of the local communities in order to strategize the best solutions to implement. We strive to promote gender equality and stand against social injustice through awareness and education. We believe that through development projects and finding sustainable solutions, we will be able to provide families with the best foundations to continue supporting their families, which is why that remains our main focus.
As the project manager, the program coordinator relies on you to help achieve project success. You use your teamwork and communication skills to ensure the project finishes on time and within budget. Your official title may vary from one project to another. You may be called a project support officer, project assistant or assistant project manager. Whatever your title, you need to show excellent administrative skills and technological skills. The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating CCCM and WASH activities as well as training local staff. The role we are hiring for is a very active role within the Camp Management team and will have multiple responsibilities between the two sectors.
- Support the planning and coordination of the CCCM and WASH activities in the Shirqat program
- Oversee all site reporting docs before sharing with the MEAL Officer to ensure that all activities, beneficiaries, and indicators are recorded
- Coordinate with the Site Manager to ensure that all staff are on task and aware of their job duties
- Assess program activities, review with Program Coordinator on implementation and adjust if needed
- Travel to site 2-3 times a week to improve management of the activities, and reporting to the operational base
- Check with external agencies (UN, government offices, police) and internal sources (other staff, radio, foreign embassies) on security situation for daily operations and advise the Program Coordinator on daily decisions related to staff movements and precautions.
- Keep security procedures updated and communicated to all staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date security plan consistent with the organization’s standards and ensure that all staff are familiar with its content and support the Programme Manager in the enforcement of those standards.
- Develop and implement a security training plan for all staff; develop and apply evaluation processes to determine that training competencies are met.
- Ensure that the organization’s storage facilities are secure and properly managed including proper inventory records.
- Develop security briefing materials and ensure that all new employees, international or national, receive appropriate security orientation within 72 hours of arrival in the field.
- Strengthen and apply office and residential facilities’ security standards and selection procedures
- Must be Iraqi nationals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience in the humanitarian field and management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team.
- Ability to travel to Shirqat and work in difficult conditions, under pressure, independently and has the ability to problem-solve
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel around Iraq, and has residency in Erbil
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in Arabic, Kurdish and English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Knowledge on WASH promotion and CCCM, and the ability to develop training on the topic.
- Ability to engage with local communities in rural areas.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
All applications must contain a cover letter and resume that will be sent to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please title the email with the job position and name of the applicant.