Terms of Reference
Consultancy Title: Project manager
Duration of contract: 3 Months (renewable)
Duty Station: Erbil/Iraq
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peace building in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: A non-violence and peace building program developing peace capacities within the community; a women and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services to the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating to distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihoods programs for displaced women in particular.
Brief description of the partner
World Vision International is a humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization, It was founded in 1950 by Robert Pierce as a service organization to meet the emergency needs. In 1975, development work was added to World Vision's objectives.
Background of the project
TAMASOK (cohesion) it's a program Implement by Al-Mesalla and his partner World Vision organization to build upon and scale up the potential of community actors (Clergy, community leaders, teachers, and activists) to be more active in conflict prevention in the west and east Mosul city, and Al Hamdaniyah.
The primary function of the Project Manager is to lead the whole project including the distribution of work tasks among project team, implementation follow-up, tracking results, and report writing. The candidate will be the person who approve all the document related to the project. She/He is the key person to contact the partner.
- PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
- Assist with the recruitment of the project staff, in coordination with HR, and the Managers.
- Facilitate regular project meetings with his team and help develop identify the needs to implement the project.
- Support the organization and facilitation of the activities of the project with the participation of the team, including leading on logistical arrangements.
- Regular communication with other Al-Mesalla staff and the local partner organizations.
- Preparing analytical reviews and systematically capturing lessons learned from the project implementation; identifying follow-up actions, and provide substantial assistance in the design of project documents.
- Prepare monthly logistic needs for the project
- In collaboration with project staff work to select participants for trainings.
- Support the actors (Clergy, community leaders, teachers, activists) to be Peacebuilders in their community and focusing on encouraging the participation of women and youth.
- Coordinate with relevant stockholders and partners to lead the project in a collaborative and smooth manner.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relations with partner.
- Build strong relationships with Iraqi government institutions in the project implementation area.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Volunteer work when needed is a part of TOR.
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitoring the project activities to ensure that meet the project plan.
- Follow up with project staff to prepare monthly plans and reports and promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Monitoring the process of select the NGOs for sub-grant implementation.
- Identify the challenges and success stories of the project.
- Monitoring and ensure the quality of the training that will be delivered to the community actors.
- Collect data and work on writing quantitative and qualitative reports and submit them to the partner in a timely manner.
- Provide high-quality activity and training reports.
- Essential requirements
- University degree preferably in relevant subjects (Law, Political Science, Education, Economics, Development, International Relations, etc.).
- At least 5 years of professional experience in development/humanitarian project management
- Required excellent oral and written English
- Knowledge of standards and literature in human and environmental rights, policy-making, humanitarian and development principles, accountability, governance, advocacy, and campaigning;
- Working experience with local counterparts (CSOs, local NGOs, and others) or managing consortium of NGOs.
- Excellent command and understanding of the project life cycle management from need assessment to evaluation;
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives - Previous experience working under pressure and/or in hardship duty station
- Team working skills and proactive attitude
- Excellent computer literacy skills Desirable requirements:
- written and spoken Arabic and Kurdish language is an asset
- Previous experience in peacebuilding, social cohesion, conflict prevention.
- Previous experience in managing sub-grants.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Interested applicants must send their CV (PDF or Word) to:- firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject: Project manager – Erbil, WV
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesala reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline