About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal (HA) is a British humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Human Appeal has been operating in Iraq since 2016. Human Appeal Iraq’s country office is in Erbil with sub-offices in Mosul and Aana. Human Appeal is working in a number of thematic sectors: primarily in protection; shelter and non-food items; food security and livelihoods. Human Appeal’s main donors include UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP and numerous other international institutional partners.
The post requires both project management and technical capacity in child protection. Reporting to Head of Programmes, Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for field implementation by using project resources and people management. Additionally, PM will be required to draw specific project related plans to ensure timely and quality delivery of project activities/outputs in coordination with the relevant clusters and government line departments. PM will work closely with support departments including finance, operation and security functions based in Erbil. The incumbent requires highly skilled in project management in insecure areas with quality of delivering project results consistent to HA’s humanitarian protocols and according to donor regulations. Technically, the PM will provide technical support and guidance to field implementation team on develop specific implementation SOPs, adhering to UNICEF child protection protocols, and coordinate with GBV Team Lead in Erbil on implementing GBV components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Management: 40%
- Develop detailed implementation plans (DIP) with clear deliverables and ensure the plan is properly followed with adequate resources and essential support for its execution from the Erbil Office is ensured.
- Develop internal reporting mechanism to capture the field information with regular updates to Head of Programmes on weekly and monthly basis. PM will ensure the development and submission of progress interim and final reports on donor formats.
- Represent and safeguard the image, reputation and interests of HA at office, field and community perspective.
- Plan, Design and implement staff capacity development and relevant trainings to provide guidance to programmes staff on all issues related to programmes implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits and coordinating with donors/suppliers to ensure effective implementation of activities.
Protection Technical: 20%
- Provide advice and recommendations to program managers and staff to support delivery of safe Protection programming and address protection shortcomings.
- Develop ToRs for the outsourced activities for mapping of services/assistance at Ana level and track progress on the agreed outputs.
- Develop or improve the activity implementation SOPs for Child Protection and GBV Components and staff are trained on SOPs.
- Develop relations with the local authorities, particularly with DOLSA, DOE and other peer agencies working in CP and GBV sectors for networking and representation.
- Ensure participation, representation and coordination with the relevant UN Clusters (GBV and CP Sub-Clusters) at Ana level and ensuring adherence to minimum humanitarian standards in the implementation of projects.
- Train and strengthen HA protection teams’ capacities on tools for protection interventions through on the job accompaniment and mentoring, training and advisory support.
Procurement, Logistics and Security: 20%
- Ensure that HA field office protocols and admin SOPs are implemented and followed by staff. Coordinate with Erbil Office to ensure that program support functions are available to guide and support for the project implementation in accordance with HA policies and procedures.
- Work with Logistics team to develop a procurement plan and ensure supplies for Ana Office, Child and Women Centres using the scheme of delegation.
- Assures that all procurements are within the budget limits. Mapping of local suppliers are for all possible supplies and services at local level and at best prices.
- Make regular follow up with the Procurement Department to ensure timely procurement and supplies.
- Monitor the security and overall operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and seek support/advice from Security Manager to ensure the safety and of field staff, assets and premises.
Financial management: 20%
- Responsible for ensuring financial management controls are effectively practiced through all programme levels to ensure value for money of budgets.
- Review BVA, monitor the expenditure whilst mitigating any budget variances. Ensure budget is utilized efficiently and advice timely on required budget revision as and when required.
- Manage all projects funds according to established accounting policies and procedures as per HA regulations and donor compliance.
Monitoring and Evaluations: 10%
- Identify and evaluate the risks and possible threats associated with project activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Follow-up monitoring reports, recommend and implement changes to enhance the programmes, as appropriate.
- Ensure HA’s Complaint and Feedback Mechanism are in places in office, centres and field levels, and are well functional and accessible to our beneficiaries and other stakeholders all the time. Working with M&E staff on providing monthly complaint report and tracking to HOP.
- Ensure full accountability to both donors and beneficiaries and be responsible for continuously improving transparency and value for money and programmatic impact.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder
- Relevant University Master’s degree or a higher qualification in Development, Human Rights, Law, Social Work or Political Science
- A minimum of 3 years’ successful field-based project management experience, with a minimum 2 years in a specific protection coordination/management role.
- Strong understanding of Protection Standards, SGBV, Key sectorial issues and processes including advocacy for protection.
- Contextual knowledge of overall humanitarian crises particularly protection and GBV issues in Iraq. Desirable experience of working with CP/GBV related stakeholders and engagement.
- Project management, budgeting and people management skills
- Excellent analysis and technical report writing skills.
- Strong leadership and create positive energy in team, plus problem solving
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Fluency in English, Arabic.
The position will be based in Ana
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
*Applications should be submitted in English.
*Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.