Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Project Officer (m/f)
in Sinuni, Nineveh Governorate, Iraq
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until September 30, 2019.
The place of work will be in Sinuni but will require very frequent travels to the project areas (Rabe’a, Sinuni and Sinjar) as well as travelling to Dohuk.
To improve living standards of project beneficiaries through the stabilization and creation of livelihoods options for communities through his/her technical input in the implementation of CfW activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the Project Officer is responsible for conducting technical assessments, drafting BoQs for rehabilitation of Community Assets and infrastructure as well as plan and monitor the construction progress mainly through CfW. The Project Officer also provides trainings to community members on e.g. operation and supervision of rehabilitation and/or construction of assets through CfW. The Project Officer is also to familiarize him/herself with other Livelihood intervention of the project and may be called upon to supervise those in his areas of operation.
Support implementation of project related activities in the field:
- Conduct technical assessments of potential community assets in the target areas
- Draft and/or review technical reports and BOQs for the infrastructure related projects
- Supervise and monitor any construction work either by contractors or community participation through CfW or as applicable.
- Training of project staff and beneficiaries on the correct correct and appropriate methodologies in the rehabilitation or construction of the infrastructure;
- Supervising the participation of beneficiaries, raise awareness on the community ownership of the asset creation
Administrative and representative tasks related to the position:
- Liaison and communication with community leaders and government authorities
- Reporting weekly and monthly to the Technical Expert, Senior Project Officer on the processes and progress of the CfW acivities.
- Support project evaluations and ensure that lessons learnt are being documented to maximize the impact on future program strategies and direction
- In addition to the above related responsibilities, the Project Officerr may be asked to carry out other Project Officer duties as delegated by the Head of Project.
The position is based in Sinuni but will require very frequent travels to the project areas (Rabe’a, Sinuni and Sinjar) as well as travelling to Dohuk.
- University degree is required;
- BSC Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum one (3) years of experience in a relevant position;
- Experience in construction projects is an advantage
- Fluency in Arabic,English and Kurdish
- Able to work on a high level with Word, Power Point, and Excel;
- Good reporting skills;
- A previous experience in an international NGOs and/or institution is a strong advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment;
- Committed, honest and eager to learn.
WHH considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The applicants must be sure that they are legally authorized to work in Zummar The short-listed candidates will be asked a copy of their working permit/residency card.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of responsibilities to the following
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.