Founded in 2003, Women Rehabilitation Organization (WRO) is a non-profit, non-governmental, independent organization dedicated to working towards the protection and advancement of women’s and child rights and the engagement of all members of society across Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). WRO supports the needs of all members of society in prevention and response to sexual/gender-based violence (SGBV) and increasing their access to quality integrated economic, social, protection, and health services. WROs mission is to engage as humanitarian aid workers to provide effective and efficient humanitarian aid and development support and empower individuals and communities to become agents of change where every woman, man and child have access to social justice, gender equality and a dignified life free from violence and discrimination. WRO vision is built on the principles and believes in collaborate and collective action of civil society, international organizations and individuals in investing in the communal needs of refugee, IDPs and host communities to forge social cohesion and peaceful coexistence.
In partnership with UN agencies, international organizations and governmental bodies, WRO has been able to successfully contribute towards meeting individual and community needs and WRO has become a local and regional expert in SGBV prevention and response and multi-sectorial holistic empowerment programming that fosters gender and protection mainstreaming. WRO has over a seventeen-year history of successfully delivering over 100 humanitarian and development initiatives focused on local, regional, and global advocacy, stabilization and reconciliation, peace building, general protection, child protection, SGBV prevention and response, psychological MHPSS and physical health and well-being, non-formal education, individual and community capacity building, wash, legal, advocacy, livelihoods, political and economic participation, voter and democratic awareness, reconstruction civil society and governmental capacity building and engagement initiatives. Furthermore, WRO is devoted to international commitments including contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), UNSCR 1325 on women, peace, and security, and UNSCR 2250 on youth, peace, and security, and is committed to child safeguarding and combatting SEA with its zero-tolerance policies.
As a national and regional expert in holistic individual, family and community economic, education, protection, social, and equal participation empowerment. WROs efforts have shed light locally and internationally through awareness raising and advocacy on many important issues such as mainstreaming gender-based violence (GBV) prevention and response across all sectors, sexual violence in conflict SVC, and other issued related to marginalized groups rights in Iraq and the Middle East through initiatives that directly impact tens of thousands of families each year including though provision of lifesaving support and developmental dignified solutions and services that drive individual and collective healing, integration, inclusion, resiliency, self-determination, and peaceful coexistence with dignity and care.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Project Exploration and Planning
- Responsible for conducting assessments and gathering data to identify geographical and humanitarian response gaps and areas of focus for WROs programming
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the time, equipment, etc required to complete the project.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedules as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at their completion.
- Project Execution and Implementation
- Execute the project according to the project plans.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project teams on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards, targets, and objectives.
- Support the transfer of project deliverables, files, equipment and materials as per the standards donors procedures and WROs Data Protection Policies.
- Provide direction and leadership in advocating project objectives and in ensuring that all interested parties and stakeholders are well informed about the project activities and goals.
- Identify any support required for the management, planning and quality control of the project.
- Responsible for writing scheduled high quality narrative and qualitative and quantitative indicator reports for the ongoing project per reporting schedule and requirements.
Control and evaluate the project
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders.
- Ensure that project related docs are up to date.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phases
- Conduct a monthly internal and external M& E reports
- Conduct personnel evaluation performances quarterly.
- Ensure the quality of outputs and results with optimal monitoring mechanisms; establish effective coordination, monitoring, information sharing and reporting systems.
- Ensure proper professional relationships with relevant national and international partner agencies, coordination mechanisms and platforms
- Responsible for representing WROs strategic objectives, mission, and values in a highly professional manner.
- Plan community – based activities and ensure WRO visibility, voice, mission, and values are reachable to communities, national and international organizations, donors, governmental entities. Responsible for project staff capacity building and development and plan and administer trainings as needed GBV, PSS, MHPSS, Case Management and other related fields.
- Responsible of data analyzing of reports of all project components and briefing programs manager regularly
- Take action to mitigate any risks facings project implementations, activities, staff, and beneficiaries. Report on such risks immediately.
- Ensure all required projects close out documents are obtained, and all narrative reports are done in a timely manner
- Maintain flexibility to take any added responsibility as and when needed.
- Maintain flexibility to take any required work trips to WRO's project , or offices at other cities and/or villages within Kurdistan Region, and outside in and of Iraq.
- Related degree or have at least 4-5 years related experience
- National Applicant
- Demonstrated experience in project and administration
- Experience as Project Officer
- Experience in SGBV/GBV, CP and women’s and community empowerment related programming
- Proven experience liaising with government departments, UN agencies, and donor project
- Fluent in English and national languages.
- Advanced communication skills, including active listening skills and excellent written communication.
- Exceptional professionalism and interpersonal skills and an ability to work collegially with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to represent the organization and its objectives in highly professional and responsible manner.
- Ability to allocate and review priorities to meet deadlines.
. Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results focused reports
- Flexibility in approach and an ability to adapt to varying demands and work hours
- Ability to identify problems and resolutions.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Proficient skills and experience in working on MS Office.
Please submit CV and cover letter including earliest available start date and salary expectations to: email@example.com Subject Line: Project Officer -Your Name. Please note applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Thank you very much for your interest, as we are not able to reply to all applications, if your profile meets our needs, we will keep in on file for future opportunities. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due time