Bring Hope Humanitarian Foundation is a non-profit organization, that was founded in 2015 in Malmö, Sweden.
working to rebuild dignity and harmony for those experiencing displacement, poverty, and crisis. with HQ Based in Sweden and missions in Federal Iraq, UAE, Switzerland, the UK, USA, the Netherlands, and Hong Kong, we are a dedicated global team of staff, volunteers, partners and community members motivated by our shared vision.
Since our inception, we have expanded our operations to include durable development programs run on the ground in Northern Iraq and delivered aid to countries across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
Role of Project Officer: The Project Officer is a full-time position based in the Iraq Country office in Erbil with some travel to other sites within KRI and federal Iraq, main tasks will be project management, and writing proposals.
- Show commitment to support and provide inputs for the timely preparation of high-quality donor reports, quarterly key performance indicator tracking tables, baseline, and final evaluation reports, as well as other reports as needed/required by the local government, donors, the Kurdistan region, Federal Iraq or headquarter office
- Follow-up Donor’s website and fund release statement, Contribute to writing proposal for any potential call for proposal,
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Establish and manage mechanisms for the exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the local and national levels
- Attend the Cluster, and Working group meetings per RM request.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development, planning, and implementation of the projects in areas of assignment.
- Define intervention priorities and strategies in line with BHHF’s Country Strategy.
- Monitor the context dynamics and adapt the intervention and implementation modalities accordingly.
- Enable and support team members to conduct assessments and take part in proposal development to expand BHHF’s programming in the implementation area.
- Take overall program management leadership and ensure the team implements project activities within approved plans, budget, and quality standards.
- Lead the preparation for the inception workshop for the project and facilitate the session with support from the funding team, ensuring key learning from previous grants is shared.
- Facilitate program review meetings and ensure documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Monitor risks and develop contingency plans to respond to emergencies.
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues like gender justice, safeguarding, DRR, and climate change are integrated into program designs and implementation plans.
- Ensure that the implementation of program activities is in line with the best practice standards of BHHF and other humanitarian and development standards.
- Create a conducive working environment for the staff to carry out their daily activities.
- Coach and mentor staff to support the development of their capacity.
Coordination & Representation
- Engage partners, including Women's Rights Organisations, in project design and implementation.
- Represent BHHF to the local and national government, donors, and UN agencies as appropriate, maintaining BHHF’s credibility & image.
- Coordinate and maintain close working relationships where relevant with government departments in the overall implementation of project activities. This will include regular meetings with line departments to agree on work plans, technical assessments, developing technical designs, etc.
- submit weekly, monthly quarterly reports to the Regional Manager.
- Review and ensure that budgets are drawn up for all activities, and that activities costs are kept within budgets.
- Review and approve monthly situation reports (financial and narrative) to update management on program progress achieved, program plans, changes in direction, and challenges encountered.
The aforementioned duties are not inclusive and therefore are subject to additions and changes at any time. Given the nature of this position and the working conditions in Iraq, additional tasks may be assigned by senior management at any time based on the needs of the mission.
- University degree in business management, sustainable development, economics, development studies, peace and conflict studies, or related field;
- Minimum 4 years experience in humanitarian & development program, i.e. leading design, implementation, and management of similar post-conflict recovery and stabilization projects and activities;
- Demonstrable understanding of the gender and protection dynamics of humanitarian and development work, and ability to capture this in the analysis and design of interventions;
- Strong ability to be flexible and adaptable in times of unexpected challenges and provide creative solutions, whilst maintaining the ethos and objectives of the work at all times;
- Strong ability to work with diverse groups/individuals, ranging from local partners, local authorities, local community groups, the humanitarian community, and the private sector;
- Proven ability in staff management, including coaching, motivation, performance assessment, conflict prevention, and management;
- Proven ability in donor contracting & budget management;
- Proficiency in English, Arabic, and Kurdish (written and spoken).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions. S/he must be self-motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in challenging, stressful environments and follow BHHF procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality in the workplace.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs to the email address email@example.com before the deadline.
Please indicate on the subject of the email the title of the position you are applying for. (Project Officer)
ALL APPLICATIONS/ CVs SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY MAX AUGUST 20th,2022 at 17:00 PM
BHHF will review CV’s and applications on a rolling basis (i.e., as applications are submitted).
Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to BHHF Human Resources policies and procedures. As soon as qualified candidates are identified the positions will be closed automatically. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a potential interview. Any documents submitted will remain with BHHF and will not be returned to candidates.