Title: Project Officer
Status: Full time Regular Employee
Location: Shekhan-Duhok, Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI)
Reports to: Program Manager
Line Manages: Economic Empowerment trainer, Social Empowerment trainer, Cleaner and Driver
The Project Officer leads the implementation of core program in Shekhan District, the project officer will oversee the trainers in the center. The Project Officer ensures the quality service is delivered to Women for Women International’s participants in Shekhan center. The Officer is responsible to make sure that the project goes according to the work frame.
The project officer oversees supervising the center and its day to day activities. The project officer puts schedules in places for different activities without causing any conflict in scheduling. The officer will be responsible to create a friendly learning environment for WfWI’s participants. It is the officer’s responsibility to raise maintenance needs to the logistics department. The project officer will develop a transportation schedule with the support of the trainers and share it with the participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the women’s training center in Shekhan and the responsibilities as the following;
- Ensure that participants receive up to date information and are aware of the assistance available in the center and the area.
- Responsible of administrative work related to the center and oversee reception of clients, registration, activities, attendance sheet, campaigns, advocacy, and communication with participants.
- Promote referral, complaint & feedback mechanism for the effected population.
- Maintain an overall schedule and plan of activities of WfWI’s activities offered to participants.
- Has a good communication style and creates a welcoming environment in the center.
- Follow up on participants who miss classes and have absences with the social and economic trainers.
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level by all staff and throughout all activities. Promote durable solution.
- Responsible for staff attendance and abiding by the agreed-on schedule
- Coordinate with other organizations and create a service map for all offered services in the area.
- Submit detailed bi-weekly report to the program managers and indicate challenges, achievement, and success stories.
- Coordinate Communication between the Project team and the Program Managers;
- Effectively participate in cluster and coordination meetings.
- Participate in community identification and assessment.
- Coordinate with governmental institutes such as Governorate and Asayesh to get permission for the project activities.
- Supervise and participate in delivering stipends.
- Continually assess and evaluate project implementation against project work plan, in collaboration with the trainers; takes appropriate steps to ensure project is on track in meeting deliverables and spending
- Develop and finalize monthly reports.
- Oversee implementation of activities in accordance with project and activity budget
- Develop a link with local business owners and other actors to refer participants who are looking for jobs.
- Support the team when it comes to conducting any kind of assessments, either new location, market assessment or needs assessment.
- Support and collect success stories with photos and consent forms signed for each photo submitted
- Work in collaboration with Trainers and replace other trainers in case of their absence.
- Keep management updated on problems or issues encountered in the field.
- Assist in community outreach activities during enrollment.
- Assist in any field research or evaluation of EE activities such as saving groups, vocational classes.
- Assist in community mobilization of participants in your assigned locations.
- Participate in data collection, needs assessments and community mapping and social mobilization.
- Travel to other locations as required.
Other Duties as Assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Studies or administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in relevant field, preferably within the INGO sector, of which at least 1 years at supervisor level.
- Ability to understand the needs of WfWI’s target clients and align programming accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate a large team of people through a participatory and enabling management style.
- Experience with grant management; including, maintaining historical records, developing reporting systems and monitoring budgets.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of gender issues and proven commitment to addressing gender inequalities in all key areas of responsibility;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of project supervision principles and practices;
- Knowledge and experience in training and facilitating;
All interested candidates must submit an updated CV, cover letter and three professional references. Send application to: email@example.com. Please put Project Officer - Shekhan - Duhok in the Subject line.
Application deadline: October 22 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we are seeking to fill this position as quickly as possible.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.