Project Officer - Agriculture Expert
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Project Officer/Agriculture Expert – Anbar & Salahaddin.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position falls under UNDP Funding Facility for Supporting a Resilient Economic Recovery by Strengthening the Agriculture Sector projects in Aaneh & Saqlawiya – Anbar governorate & Baiji – Salah Al-Din governorate.
The position holder will Provide technical support to all Agriculture and Natural Resources Management and ensure promotion of good practice and learning is captured and applied through M&E mechanisms.
S/he will be responsible for providing ongoing capacity building, assistance and coaching to community facilitators to ensure timely and quality implementation of Agriculture and Natural Resources Management intervention. On day to day basis, he will be expected to coordinate activities in either the following areas: crop and livestock production, land development and agricultural extension. S/he would be expected to liaise and closely coordinate with other stakeholders including the Department of Agriculture, Local NGOS, UN agencies and UN cluster coordination system for coordination and information sharing.
Quality Project Implementation
Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets and work closely with the other partners and coordinator to mitigate the project management and implementation challenges faced, carry out the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, etc.
Coordination and Capacity Building of Beneficiaries:
- Facilitate beneficiary training on economic development modules/models
- Coordinate with line ministries or private sector to conduct training to project beneficiaries and identify market linkages.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL
- Submit weekly/monthly report to the project manager/coordinator
- Based on the donor requirement, support project manager/coordinator to submit required donor report.
Planning and Budgeting
- Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
- Follow up and coordination with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc.
Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years of experience working experience in livelihood and economic development programs,
- Field experience working with communities and liaising with government departments
- Higher education – Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agriculture Economics, Natural Resource Management, Agribusiness, Agriculture Extension, Agriculture Education or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in local languages
- Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Anbar & Salah Al-Din.
- Ability and willing
- ness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience of communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- The position is based in Anbar & Salah Al-Din
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
- The position is preferred to be in Anbar & Salah Al-Din
Physical Requirements: Yes
Fluency in English and Arabic languages
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Project-Officer---Agriculture-Expert_R16075
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 1 February 2023.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks