Organizational Context and Scope:
Under general guidance of the Head of Office, Under the overall Supervision of the Protection Coordinator, and direct supervision of the Protection Officer the incumbent will be responsible for the following Counter Trafficking Activities within the Protection Unit;
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the timely and effective implementation of the activities of the protection unit;
- Provide direct assistance to victims of trafficking and individuals with protection concerns including the provision of safe referrals to protection partners as required;
- To conduct the screening and intake of potential clients for assistance in migration and counter-trafficking matters.
- Assist in the daily planning, monitoring and evaluating of the administrative and operational activities of the Protection Unit;
- Support to prepare periodic reports as required on the implementation of protection activities;
- To undertake comprehensive case management practices including maintaining and updating electronic databases and records for each client and keeping detailed notes of all casework activities.
- Conduct and facilitate regular community engagement and awareness raising activities as required;
- Regular liaison and coordination with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of protection activities;
- Provide support to coordinate project activities on a daily basis, including organization and preparation for project trainings and workshops; liaising with relevant stakeholders; providing administrative support,
- Regular travel to other governorates to conduct protection activities as required;
- Participate and perform secretariat functions in project meetings;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Education, experience and competencies;
- University Degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or a similar field with three years of relevant professional experience, preferably within a protection role.
- Experience in providing direct assistance to beneficiaries.
- Experience working within challenging environments.
- Experience in organizing events, workshops, and meetings.
- Experience with raising awareness in the public domain.
- Experience working with governmental, non-governmental institutions and UN agencies preferred.
- Excellent command of English and working knowledge of Arabic/Kurdish.
- Any other language is an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.