Term of Reference
Under the direct supervision of Harikar Project Assistant Manager for IDPs, Protection Monitor will conduct the following duties and responsibilities;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit Camps and urban areas to meet with IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons) from UNHCR’s persons of concern and identify their needs.
- Offer general information and counseling support to the people of concern and make referrals to PARC lawyers, UN agencies, civil society organizations, international organizations and local authorities.
- Use the agreed tool (tablet) with UNHCR for the purpose of protection monitoring in order to collect the required information from the field.
- Take time to listen to the IDPs and find ways to assist them where possible.
- Be accurate, specific and presice using each part of the questions designed for the interview (in the tablet) and carefully fill all the required information.
- Upload the conducted interviews through tablets on daily basis to be ready for any request of reporting.
- Encourage and facilitate informal groups of IDPs to meet, discuss issues and make support networks.
- Participate in Focus Group Discussions (FGD), Community Based Discussions (CBD), and Rapid Protection Assessment (RPA) as per the call of Harikar and UNHCR.
- Protection Monitor is a member in Harikar emergency mobile protection team that functions in emergency situations.
- Assist in dealing with cases that need both legal and social welfare interventions with a focus on the following cases: divorce, inheritance, marriage, education, social welfare, pension, detentions and children issues.
- Preparing reports as required and immediately report on urgent cases.
Conduct additional duties assigned by supervisors as per the need of Harikar NGO.
- Bachelor’s Degree Social/humanitarian Sciences or other related fields.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with beneficiaries, community members, and partners.
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
- Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
- Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
All application should be supplied with a CV and a letter of application, detailing a brief description of why the applicant’s qualification and previous work history are suitable to the position.
Application should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to Harikar local NGO, indicating the applicant’s name, the post applied for, and should be delivered to the following address:
Harikar Local NGO
Nohadra Quarter, Jeen Street, 32/4, 1005, BA Dohuk.
Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
Or via this Email address: email@example.com indicating the Job Number (VA-HD-2019-018) and position they are applying for (Protection Monitor for IDPs) in the subject line of the email.
Applications with no subject line will not be considered.
The closing date for applications for the above vacancy is 17th August 2019 , at 03:30 PM. (local time).