Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has long-term Iraq-based and cross-border programmes supporting IDPs and refugees. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, the IRC currently addresses the needs of Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) in South-Central Iraq and war-affected Syrians from several operational bases in the region. In response to the IDP situation, the IRC in partnership with the UNHCR – has been running the Protection Assistance and Reintegration Centres (PARCs) since 2009 in Central Iraq and has an overall protection and legal programme covering 11 governorates.
The IRC currently oversees a protection programme in 10 governorates, and is currently implementing an emergency response in Ninewa, Kirkuk and Salah al-Din answering to the Mosul and Hawijah Operations funded by OFDA. This project provides activities including protection monitoring, legal assistance (for civil documentation and Housing Land and Property), information dissemination, capacity building and advocacy with regard to the persons of concern’s access to services and rights.
The International Rescue Committee Iraq Office is seeking a qualified staff member to assist the country team in support and administrative functions for the protection program in Anbar, Iraq. The duties of the Protection Support Officer are multi faced.
- Responsible for Petty cash payments, at the beginning of each month prepare petty cash payment for the protection and legal team, complete approvals, follows up with finance about spending payments to these governorates , and at the end of each month coordinate about closing these payments
- Assisting the protection and legal program and other staff in raising PRs and provide them with estimated prices as required and prepare cash advance and liquidation if needed.
- Work in close relation with the Administrative officers in Ramadi and Baghdad for the PRs follow-up.
- Work on the open protection related PRs and prioritize the urgent ones; Ensure that the items requested are delivered to the requester(s).
- Follow up with finance department about all pending and approved payments, cash advances, and liquidations.
- Coordinate with IT Officer, Protection Manager and Protection Coordinator/Sr Protection Manager regarding procurement of IT related equipment for the Protection program in Anbar.
- All procurement requests related to PARC program are processed in timely and transparent way.
- Ensure that all medium to large procurement requests are properly tendered within the available vendor base.
- Working closely with HR about program staff leaves, timesheets, clearances, daily attendance, ID badges, facilitations letters, PME’s.
- Prepare and update an excel sheet shared with the Logistic department in Salah al Din for supplying and distribution protection staff with stationary
- Update the main information about IRC Protection Staff (in Anbar) on a Tracking Sheet including : staff name, position, location, ID number, T7, original start date, end date, contract renewal date, end date, monthly gross salary, end of probation period, performance evaluation, mobile number, IRC email, personal email /update weekly .
- Facilitate the drafting of Employment & Certificate Letter for Protection program.
- Minutes of Meeting: support the Protection Manager in taking minutes during meetings if necessary.
- Any other duty as requested by the Protection Manager and /or Protection Coordinator or Sr Protection/Legal Manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Protection Manger and /or Sr Protection Manager or Legal Manger,
- Directly supervises: PRoL Incentive Workers (Guards, Cleaner)
- Indirect Reporting: Protection Coordinator, Field Coordinator.
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: programs, human resource, Finance, Security,
External: Partner NGOs and relevant Departments
- University Degree with two years of prior professional experience in a similar post, working with vulnerable communities in the NGO sector.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
- Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout Iraq.
- Strong written, oral Arabic and intermediate English language.
- Strong organizational and computer skills, practically with Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask.
Working Environment, Security and Travel
This position is an unaccompanied post based in Ramadi, Anbar Iraq with frequent travel to Kirkuk and occasional travel to Erbil, Iraq and must comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff. The overall security situation in Anbar and Kirkuk is currently fairly stable but subject to change at any time.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to Iraqhr@rescue.org
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل
متساوية و ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات
(سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي
مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء
مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى Iraqhr@rescue.org
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please click on below link:
The closing date is: 27 April, 2021