About the job
The purpose of the “Psychologist” position is to protect, empowering, and supporting the recovery of vulnerable beneficiaries through comprehensive mental health and psychosocial support services that are provided in the Qairawan AAF center.
For day to day, operational management requirements the Psychologist reports directly to the center facilitator or any other designated person appointed/instructed by the GBV Officer.
- Meets survivors for risks assessment including risk related to GBV cases and other kinds of risks.
- Identify problems—emotional, mental, and behavioral— that the beneficiaries face.
- Through observation of the caseworkers and other team members, interviews and assess, will diagnose any existing or potential disorders.
- Together with the survivor, they formulate a program according to her needs.
- Refers survivor, internally or externally, to specialists as necessary. (medical, legal, shelter,)
- In coordination with the center facilitator and caseworker and other members of the team individual case plan will be developing.
- Help survivors define goals and plan action to achieve personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- The psychiatrist will monitor the survivor’s progress on a regular basis to ensure that their needs are met by the course of action, and to adjust it if necessary.
- Indenting survivor to be referred to her through regular meetings and sessions with Center Facilitator and Case Worker.
- Fill out and maintain survivor-related paperwork, diagnostic records, and progress notes and reports.
- Responsible for the monthly reports of the survivor.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to survivor issues.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting awareness sessions for the center beneficiaries monthly.
- Delivers volunteer on-the-job coaching and training to the team.
- Any other duties assigned by the Management.
- Bachelor degree in psychology, master degree is preferred;
- At least two to three years of experience in the same position or field;
- Fluency in Arabic languages, the English language is preferred;
- Belief in human rights including gender equality.
- Good communication skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities.
- Due to the sensitivity and stigma about GBV; a female therapist is preferable
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word.
- Experience in regular report writing.
How to Apply
Applications including an updated CV in English should be submitted to:
email@example.com before the 30th September 2021.
Please, include in your e-mail the subject line "Psychologist- Qairawan". Any email without this subject line will not be considered. Submit your CV in PDF format.
Due to the urgency of this position applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed and contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Stay tuned for further job opportunities by following AAF on Facebook.