Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Agriculture specialist (m/f)
in Diyala ( Baquba )
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration for 7 months. The place of work will be Diyala ( Baquba ), in Iraq (IQ). The position is paid according to SG6.
Implementation of project activities according to the specified deadlines and organisational, contractual and financial directives.
Depending on the specialist division, the Expert is responsible for carrying out procurement activities, implementing technical measures and / or implementing social components within the framework of the specified project assignment.
• Implementation of specialist workshops
• Consultancy regarding the introduction, rehabilitation or maintenance of technical equipment, regarding social issues or any other areas in the focus of this position
• Helps ensure adherence to quality standards in relevant fields
• Management and maintenance of technical equipment, if applicable
• Instruction and training of national staff
• Monitoring of the inventory management of relief supplies (incoming/outgoing goods, regular stock checks, resupply) and their distribution to the target groups or project locations
• Documentation of relevant technical and procurement processes in accordance with the co-financing agreement or Welthungerhilfe directives (such as Assignment Allocation Regulation, AAR)
• Preparation of project progress reports
• Fulfillment of any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position
• Plan, implement and coordinate activities on livelihoods/agricultural defined in project proposal under the technical supervision of Senior Agronomists and conduct farmer trainings before distribution of agriculture equipment and prepare handouts
• Prepare the required BoQs related to Agricultural activiries, prepare weekly/monthly reports. Advise farmers on proper use of seeds, timely planting and good agriculture practises.
• Coordinate with relevant authorities (e.g. DoA, Vet department, Agricultural Extension Services dept. etc.) concerned adminstrational and community leader.
• Plan, organise and conduct livelihood related training activities for farmers.
Professional/ formal qualification
- University degree in Agriculture
- 3 to 5 years' professional experience working in similar position with relevant tasks and responsibilities
Foreign language skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken),