Under the general guidance of Chief of Mission (COM) & Senior Emergency Coordinator/Head of Programmes, the overall supervision of the Head of Return and Recovery Unit and administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office the direct supervision of the Community Engagement Technical Lead with support from the National C.E Field Officer and in correspondence with Team-leaders, the Regional Community Engagement Assistant is responsible for supporting the on the ground roll out of community engagement related activities across the region.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In line with regional workplans and team structures, to provide on the ground direct technical support to community engagement technical field staff, including CRC Community Engagement Assistants, Community Liaison Assistant, Youth Assistants, and Community Mobilizers.
- Support in the technical capacity building of C.E staff and ensures C.E related technical standards and principles are considered during implementation of programmatic activities.
- Support the roll out of tools and be in close coordination with Community Engagement Technical Core team to address challenges and bottlenecks.
- Handle the consolidation of activity related information to compile information and develop technical field reports to support information shared with reporting and M&E colleagues.
- Coordinate closely with National Community Engagement Field Officer to undertake field visits and conduct technical assistance missions.
- Act as the Community Engagement field focal point for other units within the mission including CWC, Community Policing, and CSU to support in intermission community engagement related activities.
- Support remote activity monitoring utilizing systems and tools developed.
- Through relationships with affected populations and network of partners stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on programming, whilst remaining fully informed about community structures and power dynamics within respective communities through the development of strong links with communities and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the communities are reflected in the roll out of strategies and implementation plans.
- Lead the field monitoring, backstopping and assessing the technical implementation of Community Engagement related activities on the ground.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in community-based interventions and project management.
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance strategic objectives.
General Expectations of the Post:
- Expected to be in communities 4-5 days per week
- Ability and motivation to travel to communities within governorate on a daily is a must
- A strong commitment to community-based services
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Proficiency in office applications, including Word and Excel, internet explorer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution
- Four (4) years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in Community Based Programming
- Must have working knowledge of conceptualizing, implementing and monitoring community-based interventions and initiatives
- Thorough understanding of the Iraqi civil society context and knowledge of recent political developments and social conditions.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic/Kurdish are required.
- Any other language is an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.