The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC seeks a Regional Education Specialist for the Middle East Region, specifically to support education teams and ensure quality implementation for programs in Yemen, Lebanon, and Iraq. To ensure quality programming towards impacting the lives of children and youth affected by conflict and crisis through IRC’s work, the Regional Education Specialist will:
- Provide technical support to the education teams to improve the quality of implementation Collaborate with the field office staff to develop social and emotional learning, multi-grade and second language learning materials and training tools for non-formal education spaces. This must include working sessions with IRC field staff, lesson planning workshops with other stakeholders, field testing, and revising training, teaching, and learning materials.
- Design, review and share program-specific tools/ resources/ curricula with education teams;
- Assess and clearly define the training needs of field staff through close communication with field team; and actively seek out formal and informal training opportunities for education staff.
- Conduct technical training and ongoing technical coaching for country program staff, including on social and emotional learning and teacher professional development;
- Build capacity of the team in the different selected program methodologies, and provide technical support and ongoing coaching to ensure high-quality program implementation.
- Provide support in the training and implementation of these materials and training tools;
- Collaborate with the education teams on the contextualization of resources based on needs;
- Adapt curriculum materials with field staff based on context needs and field office requests;
- Collaborate with field teams to monitor and use data for continuous quality improvement;
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications;
- Cross-country analysis of tools and materials, in coordination with the Education Technical Advisor, to better understand overlaps and technical synergies across the region.
- Other education-related duties as assigned by Education Technical Advisor – Middle East.
- Foster a team spirit to encourage quality programming.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Education Technical Advisor – Middle East
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Education or CYPD Coordinators (Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen); Education Managers, MEAL, and Officers (Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen); Regional team; Education Technical Unit (Global)
External: This position includes relationship-building with partner organizations and ministries of Education on technical materials and technical implementation experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in education, education psychology, social work, human development or relevant field or equivalent is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 4 years of implementing and/or managing large Education programs and teams is required. Education work experience in the Middle East is required.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Demonstrated expertise in technical tools and education materials development in Arabic. Expertise in program assessment, design, content development, monitoring and evaluation, and implementation with the ability to turn concepts and strategy into measurable action. Expertise in social and emotional learning is required.
Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic and English required. Specifically advanced content development experience in Arabic, and advanced reporting skills in English is required.
Working Environment: Position is flexible to be based in Amman, Beirut, or Erbil, with up to 40% travel to Lebanon, Yemen, and Iraq.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to Iraqhr@rescue.org
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل
متساوية و ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات
(سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي
مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء
مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى Iraqhr@rescue.org
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please Click on Below Link: