SWEDO is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious development aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. Having continuously operated in the Kurdistan Region ever since, SWEDO’s main priorities of work are construction and infrastructure activities, refugee and IDP initiatives, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and capacity building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely supervising all rehabilitation works in the field and equipment installation.
- Supporting logistics department in the procurement process in order to ensure the relevancy and quality of material purchased and services contracted.
- Developing BoQs and technical drawings. S/he designs and reviews technical drawings and specifications, and suggests improvements if necessary
- Ensuring the record and archiving of all technical and works follow up related information.
- Ensuring communication with contractors and local authorities on the field.
- Providing regular updates and immediate information in case of issue to the Program Department.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on activities implemented.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned that may deem fit to their nature of engagement with the organization.
- S/he ensures a timely and up-to-the-standards implementation of all aspects of the rehabilitation activities. S/he oversees rehabilitation works on the selected sites along with and in close collaboration with the contracted company and/or representatives of local authorities
- S/he ensures that the implementation of activities is performed according to the approved proposal and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the donor and SWEDO.
- S/he ensures high quality of documentation of project activities and results achieved.
- S/he conducts quality control of standard building materials and equipment used in construction.
- Uphold Swedo and UNHCR’s code of conduct, and ensure that all persons of concern are treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with humanitarian principles and human rights standards.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by Outreach and (CWC) coordinator.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering;
- At least three years of experience in the same position or construction field;
- Relevant experience in the field of building or rehabilitation with INGOs;
- Fluency in Kurdish, Arabic and English Languages;
- Excellent communication skills & organization capacities;
- Excellent Computer skills, AutoCAD or equivalent software skills
- Ability to travel to all locations in KRI without any restrictions
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line must read: S-IR-VA-20065, Rehabilitation Officer, Duhok.
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements o received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply