Under the general guidance of the Senior Emergency Coordinator/Head of Programmes, under the overall supervision of the Head of RRU, and Under the direct supervision of the Research officer, the incumbent will support the IOM – DTM Research team in the implementation of on-going and upcoming research activities, mainly in its reporting component
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Coordinate operations of the research field teams’ data collection, as well as resolve challenges and issues the teams face;
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of different research studies and update the team’s workplan in close coordination of the research team leaders;
- Assist in the design, copy-editing and publishing of DTM / Research team reports;
- Assist in the drafting of presentations and short briefs on DTM / Research data and reports;
- Coordinate with RRU’s publication department and external partners in designing and drafting the reports;
- Coordinate with Public Information Unit in publicizing the launch of reports and publishing on IOM and DTM online platforms;
- Assist on the organization of trainings, workshops, meetings and other studies related activities in terms of logistical and operational support such as travel and hotel arrangements, as well as conference hall booking and arrangements;
- Liaise with other IOM offices to conduct field world in different locations in Iraq
- Liaise with other IOM staff members on administration, financial, logistics and operational matters in support of programme activities;
- Contribute to the development and standardization of templates (reports, questionnaires, and research templates);
- Perform any other duties as my assigned.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Positive, constructive attitude;
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty;
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship;
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
IOM IN/234 - Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science (International Relations, Political Sciences, Journalism, Economics or a related field) from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant professional experience
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience in report drafting
- Experience working in universities, research centres, think tanks, international organizations or the humanitarian community;
- Ability to coordinate administrative activities related to admin and operational activities;
- Previous research experience or knowledge of displacement dynamics return and reintegration of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and returnees in Iraq and advantage.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic (written and spoken) are required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.