Public Aid Organization (PAO) is a non-governmental, independent, non-profit and public utility
organization. It works according to its humanitarian values in order to improve and settle the
principles of human rights, hence establishing a developed civil society, as motivated by the United
Nations Third Millennium Declaration.
Historically, PAO was established on the 28th of April, 1992, by a group of volunteers driven by
community needs on civil society matters, in order to help improve the life conditions of Iraqis, and to
answer the following vision: “a world where everyone have their own complete rights.". Nowadays, it
is a well-rooted organization, present all throughout Iraq. Since 2019, PAO’s renewed strategy has
been to focus on the following aspects: social cohesion, peace building, democracy, family protection
with special focus on women, children and youth. PAO is currently implementing numerous recovery
and development programs through the provision of services in the following thematic: protection
(including child protection, gender-based violence and housing land property), livelihoods and social
cohesion, education, and civil society and human rights (including access to justice & democracy).
PAO is looking for a qualified Research specialist to undertake/supervise a multi-sector study on
climate change and justice solutions in Basra governorate. The research specialist will be responsible for
-designed a research methodology and (collecting & analyzing) draft data regarding the research.
-objective with support from the project team. The researcher will also be responsible for finalizing.
-the study findings and presenting in a high quality report.
Role and duties:
Typical Research Specialist responsibilities and tasks may include the following:
- Develop and designed a suitable research methodology and research plan for the planned
- Developing the data collection tools and carrying and collecting quantitative and qualitative
data with support of the research team.
- Conduct statistical and spatial analyses and produce maps, charts, tables, and other data
- Preparing a high quality analytical report based on the research findings.
- Presenting the research outcome in public conference.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
- Holding at least Bachelor Degree in environmental or relevant field study.
- At least having 5 years’ experience working in the mentioned field.
- Publishing at least (4) academic article in the relevant field (in local/International journals).
- Fluency in Arabic and English language.
- Showing ability in using the analytical computer software such as (SPSS, Nvivo) or similar to them.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, PAO only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
the Deadline at 25th July 2021