GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the line management of the Risk Education Project Officer, the Risk Education Agent is responsible for giving RE safety briefings to persons at risk on the dangers of mines, explosive remnant of war (ERW), small arms and light weapons (SALW) and improvised explosive devices (IED), as well as other topics identified and relevant for the sake of the RE project.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Conduct field assessments / evaluations in the area of intervention, collect data and ensure proper reporting to his/her line manager
- Ensure the liaison with the communities targeted for the activities
- Give presentations and awareness sessions to vulnerable groups in the district of Tel Afar on the dangers of explosives remnants of war.
- Report back on the presentations and suggest solutions for improvement.
- Adapt the sessions to the audience each time it is required to ensure high quality of activities.
- Assist the team in developing RE material (leaflets, posters, etc).
- Contribute to the definition of the content and facilitate the organisation of media campaigns
- Train other actors to deliver RE messages including Community Focal Points.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Proficiency in Arabic and other local languages is highly desired (Turkmen,)
The working hours are the following:
A minimum of 40 hours per week is expected of the staff. The working hours can vary due the nature of the emergency response implemented by the project
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Base: Based directly in the field of operation (Tel Afar district) with regular movement to Mosul office
Line Manager : Risk Education Project Officer
Head of Department : Risk Education Project Manager
Management : None
Operational link : Risk Education TA, Mine action team, Field Coordinator
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary grid for the position is D2 (1 to 8) as per HI salary scale
Annual seniority bonus is 2% of the basic salary
Health insurance (covering staff and his family (spouse and children) with 0% contribution from the staff
Monthly transportation allowance
Travel allowance (while travelling to other bases for work purpose)
End of service benefits (02 weeks wages for one year of work)
Contract is open ended (depends on fund availability)
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
· Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
· Internal regulation (IR)
· Child protection policy (CPP)
· Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
· Antifraud and bribery
· Code of Conduct (CoC)
Education: University degree/ Diploma..
Languages: Arabic mandatory (oral and written), Turkman (Oral).
- Minimum of 1 years relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience with international or local NGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
15th Feb 2020
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted