ABOUT HUMAN APPEAL:
Human Appeal International (HA) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Human Appeal aims to alleviate poverty, transform and empower local communities whilst championing humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence. Human Appeal’s staff embody our organizational values of excellence, accountability and transparency, compassion, empowerment, and trust and respect.
Position Title: Roving Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Purpose of this position:
To provide both proactive and just-in-time support to the Finance Manager on the day-to-day operations and financial management and preparation of accurate and timely financial reports including budget monitoring on a monthly and yearly basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures timely recording and posting of financial transactions in the GL.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all financial reports for internal and external purposes
- Ensures that all month-end and year-end information and reports are signed, scanned, filed both hard copies in archive and e-copies for all offices
- Prepares the BVA and provides initial analysis to Programs team and Finance Manager on a monthly basis or as and when required highlighting major variances for follow up and action.
- Assists the Finance Manager in ensuring that Human Appeal financial procedures are followed by in-country office and field offices, and systems are developed to accommodate the needs of those programmes
- Ensure the use of accurate budget codes by preparing the chart of accounts
- Prepare and do recharging of accounts including National and international payroll, and miscoding adjusting journal entries if and when needed.
- Assist with review of Purchase Order, Advance Request, Expense Reports and Payment Requests.
- Assist in entering cash or bank sub-journals (general journals).
- Assist as needed with daily cash management and cash count
- Help consolidate the necessary document for the month-end accounting close process, including preparing Journal entries for prepaid accounts and other journal entries.
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Post daily transactions in QuickBooks, and updating financial spreadsheets.
- Assist with the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Assist in verifying vouchers for the voucher program and maintaining a proper filing system
- Liaise with the Programmes department to update contract trackers, reconcile invoices and delivery records, and comply with cost allocation guidelines.
- Any other task requested by the supervisor
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (Education, Experience, Skills. Abilities)
- A university degree in accounting is required.
- Minimum of 2 years successful in general ledger accounting experience in the humanitarian field.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Able to communicate verbally and written in English, Arabic and preferably Kurdish.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
The position will be based in Erbil office, 20% in the office and 80% in the field
Send your CV and cover letter to the below email with the subject title: Roving Finance Officer
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted