Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the Senior Emergency Coordinator/Head of Programmes and the overall supervision of the Head, Returns and Recovery Unit, the administrative supervision of the HOO or HoSO, as applicable and the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting programs related to reintegration under the area of responsibility as below:
- Support and supervise the implementation of all operational activities under the Return and Recovery Unit (RRU) within the area of responsibility of the Team Leader;
- Work in close coordination with the Regional Technical Advisors (RTAs) in the respective region and related staff to ensure proper implementation of assigned activities and integrate new activities and processes related to Livelihoods, Infrastructure and Community Engagement;
- Lead efforts in the selection of communities, assessments, and development and finalization of IOM Implementation Plans in close coordination with the team members, Thematic Leads and Regional Coordinators;
- Based on agreed processes and using common tools, manage and support the team with the identification and prioritization of beneficiaries for all RRU operational activities;
- Assist in the review and endorsement of the cases submitted to the National Operations Officer for final approval;
- Regularly communicate issues to the Regional Coordinator to be addressed immediately and conduct validation visits for random samples of different activities and ensure tracking of payments;
- Work in close coordination with Information Management Assistants and RRU field team in the respective governorate to ensure accurate and timely entry of data in the MIS system on a bi-weekly basis
- Provide a comprehensive narrative on operational activities and challenges using the reporting tool on a bi-weekly basis and send to the Regional Coordinator for clarification and validation
- Act as a Public Information (PI) focal point in each governorate to assist in content development for public information and visibility purposes
- Fulfil all assigned responsibilities for Monitoring and Evaluation, using M&E tools for data collection purposes to ensure that implementation is being carried out effectively and in accordance with RRU guidelines
Management and Coordination
- Fulfill the functions of direct manager for the members of the field team and monitor the progress of team’s work by relaying timely updates to the Regional Coordinator based on work plans.
- Coordinate with the regional administrative focal point to ensure that payments and deliveries are occurring on time;
- Assist the National Operations Officer in the follow up of the members of the team within the Area of Responsibility to identify bottlenecks, seek technical advice, and provide orientation according to IOM standard operating procedures and RRU’s technical procedures;
- Maintain healthy and trusted work environment between team members and support career development of the team members through continual coaching combined with transparent unbiased evaluation with aim to develop individuals;
- Participate in internal coordination meetings within the area of responsibility, including those meetings organized by the Head of Sub Office, Thematic Leads and/or Regional Coordinator;
- In coordination with the Regional Coordinator and (NOO), attend and participate in meetings with external partners (U.N., INGO, NNGO) and support the Regional Coordinator and NOO in the promotion of partnerships and synergies with other external actors within the area of responsibility;
- In coordination with the Head of Sub Office and relevant management, ensure good coordination with relevant local authorities and governments in relation to the implementation of RRU activities;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experince;
- University degree in social sciences, or equivalent combination of relevant training and practical experience;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in social projects/community stabilization though a gender point and experience with international organization is an advantage
- Excellent command of English and Arabic are required;
- Any other language is an asset.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.