Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organization undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Asia. In response to the recent IDP crisis, Mission East re-established its presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for displaced people. Our current programme in Iraq focuses on psychosocial support, shelter, WASH, and livelihood components in Ninawa and Kirkuk Governorates.
More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
Mission East condemns all forms of child abuse and child exploitation, takes a zero-tolerance approach to all abuse and exploitation against children and seeks to ensure children are not exposed to the risk of maltreatment by its representatives.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs in the area
- Ensure that minimum operating security standards and procedures are implemented in the field office
- Develop a strong and diverse information network from which reliable and up to date information on security may be obtained
- Provide regular security related updates and briefings to ME staff of various levels
- Ensure safety and Security of the ME staff, reputation and assets.
- Develop and execute a security plan for the Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Reports to the Security Manager (SM) on all Security related matters within their AoR
- Provide advice to the SM on all Security related matters with in-depth analysis and sound suggestions
- Contribute to the development of the area security plans, collecting contributions from the field team and submitting to the Security Manager and Field Manager for approval
- Maintain liaison with all relevant Agencies and Government Departments on security related matters as and when required.
- Maintain liaison with Local Security forces & /Government Agencies and Local Authorities.
- Establish a methodology for the collection, analysis and dissemination of security information gathered from contacts, national, local and social media sources
- Maintain a Data base of security incidents.
- Ensure timely passage of information as received and passed onto the SM.
- Develop, Maintain, Review and Ensure the implementation of Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s);
- Take all mitigating measures according to the country Security Management plan and SoPs
- Monitor, record and Track staff movement.
- Act as a Warden and ensure Warden System is properly applied in his/her AoR in the event of an Emergency
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working in a security role in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluent in Arabic
- Proficient in English
- University degree is required
- 2 years’ work experience is required
- Exceptional knowledge of Ninawa contexts
- Demonstrated experience working with IDP groups
- Experience in translation and interpretation
Qualified Candidates should submit their CV's in English on email@example.com with indicating the "Security and Liaison Officer (ME/NIN/SIN/119/042021) - Re-advertisement" in the subject line of the email no later than Apr 22th, 2021. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: The candidates who has applied previously for this position can not apply again for the same position.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer.