Hope Organization for Development and improvement is a humanitarian organization and Non-Profit organization stablished in 2007. Working in different cities in Iraq like; Ninewa, Salah-Aldin, Anbar, Kirkuk and KRI. Have an update registration in Iraq and KRI. Hope Organization is Provides Relief, Rehabilitation, Livelihood, Emergincy Response, Wash, Education, GBV sessions, PSS, Protection for Women and Children, and Reconstruction support to communities affected by wars and natural disasters in the country. Supports conflict-affected populations by strengthening the capacities of communities, civil society, and government authorities, increasing their preparedness to protect human rights through advocacy, providing basic services and promoting the well-being of the individual and the family and guarantee Women and children's rights in the community. Hope Organization is contribute in all available means to eliminate violence against women and children physically and psychologically. Hope Organization is also responding to the emergency and working in different sectors to make sure all the required support to the people receiving services In addition, HOPE membership comes from different religions and sects and nationalities, working on providing training, research, dialogue facilitation, and civil society consulting in the field of human rights, peace-building, and the rule of law in order to promote a culture of non-violence without discrimination and in accordance with Iraqi constitutional provisions and international conventions ratified by Iraq.
Under the direct supervision of the program manager in Talafar, Security assistant is responsible to provide regular security-related update to Hope management and staff including field staff and drivers, and the security assistant responsibility is to ensure that minimum operating security standards and procedures are implemented in the field office. the security Assistant will be reporting to the Security Officer & Area Manager.
- Provide regular security related update to Hope management and staff including field staff and drivers;
- Support the Security Officer to conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs;
- Support Security Unit to provide regular briefings and updates as necessary;
- Liaise with UN agencies, NGOs and other external actors to share security information as appropriate;
- Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures. Ensure availability, monitoring and tracking of necessary and functional safety and security equipment;
- Regularly travel to the field with emergency programme team, gather security information and provide updated security related information to the field staff;
- Proactively contact members of this information network to collect information on security in order to provide advice to the AM and SA/Security Officer on day to day security issues;
- Immediately report all breaches of safety and security procedures and all threats to Hope staff, beneficiaries, activities or assets.
- Alert CSFP (Country Security Focal Point) to important events, from monitoring local and international news and social media in English and local languages, as well as via security alert systems;
- Maintain a close vigilance on the local political and military situation in the region.
- High school degree or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum (2) two years’ experience in similar role in a humanitarian/recovery context and NGO.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Empowering and building trust and communicating with impact and respect.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct is essential.
Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and put in the subject: (Security Assistant -Talafar)