The Security Assistant will work directly with the Program Manager to oversee the security operations at the Cornerstone Community Center (CCC) in Sinjar. This role involves managing the guards on site, ensuring safety of the premises, handling logistical needs of the security team, and supporting in administrative tasks such as timesheets and team schedules. The security assistant will directly support the Community Center project by abiding by Samaritan’s Purse code of conduct and the security department’s rules and protocols. They will also be responsible for managing, capacity building, training, and mentoring guards on site. The Security Assistant will evaluate and maintain security and safety for the staff and beneficiaries at CCC while working closely with the Sinjar Security Coordinator regarding regional security concerns. They will exhibit a generous and serving spirit while performing all duties and responsibilities assigned to them.
- Work closely with the security guards onsite to ensure safe access of beneficiaries, visitors, and staff onsite is obtained at all times.
- Ensure that CCC security guards are performing their duties in accordance with the security guard manual, CCC security plan, and SOPs.
- Responsible for making monthly guards schedule, timesheets, and all other guards administration related tasks, as well as responsible for guards leaves.
- Coordinate with the CCC Program Coordinator regarding guards' logistical needs and concerns.
- Conduct monthly meetings with CCC security guards to provide trainings, enhance guards’ capacity, and ensure logistical awareness for key information related to work duties.
- Ensure that CCC security guards are abiding by code of conduct in coordination with the CCC Program Manager.
- Create, revise, and maintain up to date all safety and security related documents for CCC in conjunction with the Sinjar Security Coordinator, including but not limited to CCC security plan, contingency plans, and security SOPs with guidance from the security department.
- Deliver guard trainings to all new hires in coordination with the Sinjar Security Coordinator.
- Maintain a good & healthy working relationship with CCC Program Manager, Sinjar Security Coordinator, and all other CCC staff.
- Draft weekly, monthly, and quarter security reports as directed by the CCC Program Manager and Sinjar Security Coordinator.
- Maintain safety and security equipment such as Radios, in Reaches, SAT phones, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc. Conduct inventory of safety and security equipment and communicate any issues or needs to the CCC Program Manager and the Sinjar Security Coordinator.
- Communicate any security related needs and deficiencies onsite to the Sinjar Security Coordinator and CCC Program Manager.
- Maintain up to date information on security, political, economic and social status on a local level.
- Make the Sinjar Security Coordinator and CCC Program Manager aware of observed changes to security status, information, needs, and concerns.
- Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep all staff informed of events and security incidents in CCC area of operation, as directed by the Sinjar Security Coordinator and CCC Program Manager.
- Conduct security drills and training to CCC staff in coordination with CCC Program Manager and with guidance from the security department.
- Advise the Sinjar Security Coordinator and the CCC Program Manager on security related issues within the community of the area of operation.
Advise the CCC Program Manager and CCC staff regarding security guidelines and best practices with the assistance of the Sinjar Security Coordinator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to coordinate activities, building and maintaining positive working relationships
- Ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Networking and team building skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Impeccable integrity and honesty
- Committed to following the SP code of conduct, values, and ethical standards
- Humble team player
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal
- Levelheaded and calm demeanor; able to firmly, yet professionally, direct people when the need arises
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed, regardless of the task
- Situational awareness, attention to detail, anticipation of events, and follow-up
- Previous experience in security, preferably with a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving ability
- Flexible and adaptable to changing schedules and requirements
- Willingness to travel throughout Ninawa Region (including Duhok).
- Willingness to work in a field environment (including extended periods outside in extreme temperatures, rain, and dust)
- Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road conditions
Education / Experience Needed
- Previous experience in a security position, preferably with a NGO
- Fluency in Kurdish, English, and Arabic are required.
To apply for this position, please click here.
CVs must be in English language.