The Security Assistant supports the whole team by coordinating access to project sites and advising on current security situation. As the key focal point with local checkpoint authorities and militia, the Security Assistant will ensure that staff are able to cross checkpoints and reach project site without unnecessary delays. Additionally, this role will also serve to oversee guards at project sites, ensuring proper protocols are followed. Samaritan's Purse is seeking committed, service minded applicants.
Establish relationships with local authorities and militias at checkpoints to ensure the team’s smooth access to the area. Accompany the team on trips to project sites when necessary.
Effectively coordinate with the Security Department to communicate current security situation at project sites and ensure that proper protocol is followed.
Track the daily movements of the team and advise on security situation. Oversee guard teams at various project site ensuring that they are properly trained and equipped for their duties.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
Education / Experience Needed
Previous military or security experience required
English and Kurdish are required; Arabic preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Security Assistant - Snuny
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language